xt912 Unlock Question

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by Fenix, May 3, 2012.

1. robssm

robssm New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeppers, did all that...

I erase it with History cleaner, do a factory reset, and oh look like nothing ever happened, its all back, intact and perfect.

Also, Verizon tech confirmed that OTAs are now forced. He actually complained to Verizon about it. You can *postpone* it 3 times, then after that, it will install at next opportunity without user intervention which is what happened to me. Hope you aren't doing anything critical with the phone lol.

Also, he stated that there is a confirmed OTA to fix these problems on the X2 and Razr that was just rolled out so we shall see. He said it fixed his phone so as soon as that happens its root and ROM lock for me, no more OTAs.

root files needs to exploit the factory reset routine and a momentary switch on the system files from read only to read/write to allow the root routine to be able to replace certain key files to unlock the phone. Well, its looking like the factory reset no longer does that, and really doesn't reset or do anything. If the factory reset doesn't switch the file system to R/W, then the routine can't erase the cache, or anything else. This is what it looks like is happening.

Its as if on my phone, the factory reset doesn't do anything but reboot the phone and has been totally disabled and unable to switch the files to R/W. Without that capability, the phone can't be erased.

Also just FYI the latest little OTA that caused this problem is meant to disable flash support.. Just so you know.. :) And whatever they did causes browsers to crash, all of them, including Dolphin, stock, firefox, etc..

2. robssm

robssm New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ahem.. breaking news...

A federal appeals court in Washington on Friday said any communication about cybersecurity and encryption between Google Inc. and the National Security Agency can remain secret.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit upheld the dismissal of a public records suit that an advocate for online privacy rights, the Electronic Privacy Information Center, filed in Washington's federal trial court. EPIC was exploring any partnership between Google and the NSA following a cyber attack against Google in 2010.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNG2ZAoTyPsvQMkqCV0XbaSBkpoUNQ&cad=rja

So, ceiling cat has his head through a hole in the ceiling, and most other people have their heads... Well, elsewhere....

But, whatever makes you feel secure, happy, and superior to others, no matter how false..

"Take a couple of pills, and, when your done, take two more.. Everything is going to be allllll riiiiighhhht...."
    THX1138

3. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

Ratings:
    +4
    If I had to worry about Google or the government watching me it would probably mean I was doing something I shouldn't be doing or was afraid (paranoid) that I was doing something that warranted being watched. I doubt the CIA is going to come down on someone because they rooted their phone.
    Just like when electronic toll collection first came out a buddy of mine who worked with me had it all figured out that if you got from point A to point B in less time than the sped limit allowed you to you would get a ticket in the mail... He also has a huge amount of security cameras around his house and several banks of monitors around the house. :blink:

"We have nothing to fear but fear it's self" I prefer to quote real people not fictional book/movie characters.

4. robssm

robssm New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I prefer to have the law used properly and an open govt. the easiest way for an act to be tested is to turn it around. If there is nothing for the govt to hide and its all above board, then why should they be afraid and
    Keep it secret? What exactly are they doing?

Well then I could go all day nonfictional, quotes from CEOs, military generals etc all concerned about privacy destruction and how powerful it is. And
    Yes municipalities are talking about collecting point to point data and using it to send out tickets. There is currently a device that when attached to your car a speed monitor and if you are using it insurance companies give you a reduced rate. Some states now want to reassign these and make them mandatory and be allowed access to the data for enforcement purposes.

In ww2 there were no smartphones. Moot statement. Also the nothing to hide statement is a red herring. That implies you know I am doing something . I notice ppl who.use that argument have been doing something and have gotten away with it hence the smugness.

5. Uedoxia

Uedoxia New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey..so true!!!
    Especially loved your mention of RATM's "Welcome To The New World Order" I love quoting their songs..especially on my Facebook page and in my political views...I have...WAKE UP!! WAKE Up!! Even have one of their videos on my wall. (sorry bout getting off topic) Yeah man, it truly sucks cause when i got my Droid 4 and my Razr XT912...they said they were both global.
    Yeah right..got 2 unlock codes and how about my phone does NOT even recognize any other sim in it period!!
    They tell you when you put another sim in your phone it should ask you for the sim unlock code...but it does not even know there is another sim in it at all!!
    I swear....i got these phones for nothing and now because i could not afford to pay Verizons outragous bill, both my phones are off and unusable right now....and i really liked both of them so much i could not decide over which one to get so i said hell with it..ill just get them both. everything was cool till i broke my wrist and lost my job and my whole life went down hill.
    Now...im back to using my Samsung Captivate which is rooted, unlocked, and running ICS TOO!!!
    Both (Droid 4, & Razr ZT912 are rooted though and im running ICS on my Razr XT912 too but it sucks i cant even use them now!!
    All i know is that "WE GOT TO TAKE THE POWER BACK"!!!

6. tecn0bot

tecn0bot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently got a mazz and I had to have service changed on it I found a company ot of Tacoma Washington the did the flash over the computer and were the best I have seen so far it cost me 40 bucks but dang my phone works on another service provider they were great

Search tags for this page
can droid razr xt912 be unlocked

how to unlock droid razr xt912

how to unlock droid razr xt912 for tmobile
how to unlock droid xt912
how to unlock xt912
onlline cricket question apps
unlock xt912 for tmobile
xt912 korean sim

xt912 unlock

xt912 unlock code