xt912 Unlock Question

robssm

Reaction score
If I had to worry about Google or the government watching me it would probably mean I was doing something I shouldn't be doing or was afraid (paranoid) that I was doing something that warranted being watched. I doubt the CIA is going to come down on someone because they rooted their phone.
Just like when electronic toll collection first came out a buddy of mine who worked with me had it all figured out that if you got from point A to point B in less time than the sped limit allowed you to you would get a ticket in the mail... He also has a huge amount of security cameras around his house and several banks of monitors around the house. :blink:

"We have nothing to fear but fear it's self" I prefer to quote real people not fictional book/movie characters.

I prefer to have the law used properly and an open govt. the easiest way for an act to be tested is to turn it around. If there is nothing for the govt to hide and its all above board, then why should they be afraid and
Keep it secret? What exactly are they doing?

Well then I could go all day nonfictional, quotes from CEOs, military generals etc all concerned about privacy destruction and how powerful it is. And
Yes municipalities are talking about collecting point to point data and using it to send out tickets. There is currently a device that when attached to your car a speed monitor and if you are using it insurance companies give you a reduced rate. Some states now want to reassign these and make them mandatory and be allowed access to the data for enforcement purposes.

In ww2 there were no smartphones. Moot statement. Also the nothing to hide statement is a red herring. That implies you know I am doing something . I notice ppl who.use that argument have been doing something and have gotten away with it hence the smugness.

Uedoxia

Reaction score
No, its true.. As a matter of fact, just for kicks, try to factory reset a 912 lol.. Its not going to happen on many of them.

It really depends, but, yes, there are some of the 912 that will not factory reset, will not unlock, will not root, period.

Allegedly Motorola is able to lock down individual phones like this OTA. There is some shady stuff going on between Motorola and the NSA and unfortunately we are the unwilling dev testers. This is part of the new laws they are about to roll out that require all cellphones not be capable of a "user reset" for investigative purposes. They also just rolled out a universal phone dump program that allows police with laptops to download all contents of your phone as part of routine police contact ie traffic stops, dui checkpoints, etc.

On May 6, my phone started acting wierd like it was getting an OTA update, but, I didn't get the chance to approve or disapprove it!?! Next thing I know, everytime I turn off the phone it reverts back to the apps, texts, updates, etc that occured on 6 may and the phone won't factory reset. Its insane. I work nights and was listening to onlline radio and thats the only reason I noticed it. Others probably just had wierd things happen and blamed it on an app.

I am returning the phone, Verizon is lost as to the issue, other than that, the phone is mostly functional. I tried every trick to root it, to get it back to factory restore, used motofail, droid razr utilities, tried to overwrite the rom etc.. I simply cannot access the OS files, they are locked as read only..

I can't wipe my text messages, banking info, nothing.. This is some scary ****.. I really don't know how to handle giving the phone back, because, if this thing gets into the wrong hands I am destroyed. I am having to change all my banking info..

Seriously, this is yearning for a lawsuit. Without actually damaging the hardware I cannot maintain security of my identity!

I am stumped as to what to do.. I am debating about just keeping both phones, unfortunately, since I cannot wipe this phone, I cannot let Verizon have it back so I am screwed and probably going to have to pay retail for the phone they send me.

As Rage Against the Machine said "Welcome to the new world order"...

I guess I could throw it in a microwave on HI and roast it to wipe it, let the radiation blow away all the gates in the chips.

Also too, be aware that with this new little gift we have now, if someone gets your phone, YOU ARE SCREWED. Your theft software is NOT going to be able to wipe your phone remotely since it relies on the factory reset routine which is exploited and disabled with this code change.

Hey..so true!!!
Especially loved your mention of RATM's "Welcome To The New World Order" I love quoting their songs..especially on my Facebook page and in my political views...I have...WAKE UP!! WAKE Up!! Even have one of their videos on my wall. (sorry bout getting off topic) Yeah man, it truly sucks cause when i got my Droid 4 and my Razr XT912...they said they were both global.
Yeah right..got 2 unlock codes and how about my phone does NOT even recognize any other sim in it period!!
They tell you when you put another sim in your phone it should ask you for the sim unlock code...but it does not even know there is another sim in it at all!!
I swear....i got these phones for nothing and now because i could not afford to pay Verizons outragous bill, both my phones are off and unusable right now....and i really liked both of them so much i could not decide over which one to get so i said hell with it..ill just get them both. everything was cool till i broke my wrist and lost my job and my whole life went down hill.
Now...im back to using my Samsung Captivate which is rooted, unlocked, and running ICS TOO!!!
Both (Droid 4, & Razr ZT912 are rooted though and im running ICS on my Razr XT912 too but it sucks i cant even use them now!!
All i know is that "WE GOT TO TAKE THE POWER BACK"!!!

tecn0bot

Reaction score
I recently got a mazz and I had to have service changed on it I found a company ot of Tacoma Washington the did the flash over the computer and were the best I have seen so far it cost me 40 bucks but dang my phone works on another service provider they were great