What Are Your MUST HAVE Apps For Your ROOTED Bionic?

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the root world, and have been filling up my beloved Bionic with all sorts of apps. I've got a bunch of regular apps, but recently started discovering some cool apps for rooted phones only. So I wanted to ask you guys, what are your MUST HAVE apps for your rooted Bionic? I'll get this one started with some of the obvious ones:
  1. Light Flow-LED Control - Allows for full control of the LED light for notifications. The Bionic supports most, if not all, the colors. (I have mine set to 6 different colors.) Can speed up or slow down the blinking light (but there's no support for the solid light with the Bionic). I just purchased the paid version. The difference between the paid and free versions is the number of apps you can assign colors to.
  2. CacheMate For Rooted Users - Clears the cache from all apps. Useful widget to have on the homescreen.
  3. Titanium Backup PRO - So much easier and cleaner than MyBackup, IMO. Also allows for backup to DropBox, which I love.
  4. File Expert - Allows for root access to system folders. You can move, copy, paste, delete folders and all kinds of other stuff.
These are the only root apps I have at the moment, but I'd love more, so if anyone has any good recommendations, let me know!

Cheers!!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
1) Forever Connect - causes your data connection to never drop out.

Sorry couldn't resist... :icon_ devil:

In all seriousness, these are my root favs:

1) Root Explorer - root file explorer... a lot out there now, but this has always been my favorite - can do almost everything with this
2) App Manager Pro - backup, freeze, etc - kind of an easier to use Titanium Backup, but...
3) Titanium Backup Pro - ...still has a few features App Manager doesn't (link for pro)
4) Anim Mod - adds custom animations to your system navigation
5) Quick Boot Plus - reboot, hot boot, recovery, bootloader, etc... (link for plus)
6) Drocap2 - like root explorer, lots of screen apps now, but this has always been my favorite
7) Samba Filesharing - share your sd card via wifi instead of plugging in usb... sometimes slow, but comes in handy
8) Screencast Video Recorder - record your phone's screen - like a screenshot app, but a video recorder
9) Android Terminal Emulator - self explanatory!
10) Busybox Installer Pro - not always necessary, but

A lot of that stuff is built into custom ROMs, but I normally just run rooted stock and like to tweak a few things myself.

Smeech

Reaction score
AdFree - blocks ads on browser.

Works better than the option in ROM Toolbox, IMO.

dalegg

Reaction score
Root call blocker. My cell number used to be my land line number so I get a lot of ad calls. This app blocks the calls before the phone
ever rings. It is really handy to block calls from ex girlfriends to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

indee2025

Reaction score
I don't know about you but the #1 reason I root my device is to get all the crap off my droid that doesn't allow it to play "Pirates of the Caribbean" flawlessly while I get a call and use navigation.....putting a bunch of 3rd party junk that isn't explicitly explained like "led notification" enhancers , "text message" enhancers & the like is really filling your device with apps that may not act nice to each other & possibly causing new issues....

It's like when people download this "leaked" version of what some guys say is the leaked moto OTA update...seriously? that's all it takes to convince you it's safe?? No wonder people's info gets jacked....

Once you root and control the bloatware, install root explorer & clean out the traces of bloat in the system files...then download Scummvm and enjoy classics like "day of the tentacle" & "Sam & Max" on your Bionic...

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I don't know about you but the #1 reason I root my device is to get all the crap off my droid that doesn't allow it to play "Pirates of the Caribbean" flawlessly while I get a call and use navigation.....putting a bunch of 3rd party junk that isn't explicitly explained like "led notification" enhancers , "text message" enhancers & the like is really filling your device with apps that may not act nice to each other & possibly causing new issues....

It's like when people download this "leaked" version of what some guys say is the leaked moto OTA update...seriously? that's all it takes to convince you it's safe?? No wonder people's info gets jacked....

Once you root and control the bloatware, install root explorer & clean out the traces of bloat in the system files...then download Scummvm and enjoy classics like "day of the tentacle" & "Sam & Max" on your Bionic...

Well, thanks for that, but I kinda started this thread to find out about apps, not reasons not to download them. I'm an app person and have no intention on watching a movie while simultaneously taking phone calls and driving.

GoBears

Reaction score
Haha yeah ... anyway don't forget bionic bootstrapper too. Another reason I root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Two that people haven't mentioned yet: widgetlocker and headset button controller
WL gives you a FULLY customizable lockscreen, with access to widgets, apps, and other stuff. I use it to give myself instant access to Google music, the camera app, a led flashlight toggle, voice search, and a few other things, as well as to have my clock/weather widget on both my home and lock screens.
HBC lets you customize how your Bluetooth/wired headphones/headset interacts with the phone and different apps, it's great to use if you need to control the phone's functionality without looking at the phone (while running or playing sports, or just being able to pause music without pulling your phone out of your pocket)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums