Weird unknown downloads in gallery

AlexSB

Reaction score
OK well in Running stock HTC sense, haven't rooted yet (am thinking about it the BAMF rom looks sick). I've noticed I started having separate download files in my gallery that comes out of nowhere

They all have 5 images and all have 4 of the exact same image they say: Facebook, Share, Replay, Continue and they look like they would be icons.

The 1st pic is different for every "folder" and looks like an ad and they include: ABC Family Chloe, Bad Teacher, Golf Channel June, and Hyundai Accent

They get downloaded out of nowhere and I'm wondering what's going on????? First it started with the Chloe then the rest came. Is there a way I can take a pic without rooting to better show? If not I'll root just to take a pic and show you guys. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

AWESOMEbolt

turdbogls

Reaction score
longpress on a picture and go to details,
this will tell you the path where the image is located.
chances are it was an app that downloaded it.
there are a couple ways to get rid of it. straight up delete the images, or place a ".nomedia" file (this is just a generic text document you can create on your computer) and place it in that folder. this should hide those images and any other images in that folder from your galler.

see the link below to better describe the .nomedia file. it is for music, but it works for images as well.
Androinica » How to hide non-music audio files from appearing in Android media players

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Thanks I looked into where it's located and somehow a folder named "millennialmedia" popped up. Did some googling and found out that Millenial Media is a "mobile advertising" group.

I don't want to just hide the images I want to stop giving them access to my phone period. Would deleting the folder completely get them out of my phone?

AWESOMEbolt