weird sd problem..

shanacintron

Reaction score
So I'm having two very frustrating problems.

For one, I am trying to put pics and music from my computer onto my phone. theres a ton of info on how to get it from phone to computr, but not the other way around. I am trying vrizons vcast media manager right now. not working..?

second, every time i plug my phone into my computer it says there is no sd card. everytime i unplug it it recognizes it and whatnot. i dont understand why it does this...? i need it to recognize the card WHILE its plugged into the computer to switch any media onto it. UGH!

any help guys? would really be appreciated.

mewshi

Reaction score
I don't know where the media manager keeps its music files, but if you search the mounted SD card for* .mp3 or whatever format you're using, you should be able to quickly find it.

For your second question, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that the phone doesn't see the SD card while it's plugged into the computer?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

G O G U

Reaction score
I had the same issues with Sd card...it's not an issue, Droid will make the Sd unavailable when connected to pc, but when you will disco from pc you should be ok.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mewshi

Reaction score
It's not an "issue" it's more of a misalignment of expectations.

There's a damn good reason why your access to the SD card is shut off when it's connected to the computer as mass storage. it prevents a LOT of bad things from happening.

OP
S

shanacintron

Reaction score
Thank You guys! I feel kind of silly, but im new here to these smartphones and didnt know if i was doing something wrong. I figured it all out though! Not very tech-savvy i guess you could say. ;)

pool_shark

Reaction score
If you want to access the SD card on your phone when plugged into the computer, the phone has to be set to charge only.

If you want to move files between your phone and your PC while plugged in it should be set to either PC mode or USB mass storage.