Webtop 3.0

dorferiferon

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed volume issues on the Bionic Lapdock with 232? If you have HDMI audio routing then the volume controls when playing media files either run @100% or mute. Changing over the routing to phone speaker allows you to change the volume but the sound comes from the phone obviously. Has anyone an idea on how to fix that or are we going to have to wait for the OTA?

More to the point, is there a volume control app that would do that? I haven't really looked for it and wanted to see if the stock apps in the leak worked.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Has anyone else noticed volume issues on the Bionic Lapdock with 232? If you have HDMI audio routing then the volume controls when playing media files either run @100% or mute. Changing over the routing to phone speaker allows you to change the volume but the sound comes from the phone obviously. Has anyone an idea on how to fix that or are we going to have to wait for the OTA?

More to the point, is there a volume control app that would do that? I haven't really looked for it and wanted to see if the stock apps in the leak worked.

Just out of curiosity, did you try the volume buttons on the top right of the keyboard on the lap dock? I didn't even know they were there till like a week ago.

dorferiferon

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did you try the volume buttons on the top right of the keyboard on the lap dock? I didn't even know they were there till like a week ago.

That was my first try. No effect. Exiting the app, MX Player, Netflix, etc and changing the volume failed as well.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
That was my first try. No effect. Exiting the app, MX Player, Netflix, etc and changing the volume failed as well.

I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. I can use the phones volume or the volume on the keyboard and works fine. You should see a little blue line on the top right hand of your screen as you adjust the volume.

dorferiferon

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. I can use the phones volume or the volume on the keyboard and works fine. You should see a little blue line on the top right hand of your screen as you adjust the volume.

I understand. I am running the 232 release with the Bionic Lapdock. If anyone else has a clue about this I would love to hear it.

llama_d

Reaction score

Sine you have used Netflix and other media apps, have you had the issue with the bottom nav bar not going away when you are in media apps that are full screen? I feel like its just me....

dorferiferon

Reaction score
Sine you have used Netflix and other media apps, have you had the issue with the bottom nav bar not going away when you are in media apps that are full screen? I feel like its just me....

I just tested Netflix and the bar dims and there are dots representing where the menu item would be (ie Back, Home and Apps).

OP
B

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I've noticed the same with the volume controls on the lapdock - try and turn down the volume and nothing happens till it gets to zero and then mutes.
It's either full blast or totally mute.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

dorferiferon

Reaction score
I've noticed the same with the volume controls on the lapdock - try and turn down the volume and nothing happens till it gets to zero and then mutes.
It's either full blast or totally mute.

Well, again, if you change the routing of audio to phone speaker you can control the volume. I guess if I were hooking up to an external device like a TV it would be no big deal that they are fixed output. In fact as I am typing this I am thinking that the issue is that the outputs *are* fixed rather than variable. I wonder if the Moto Dev team noticed. It would be a shame to hit OTA and still face the issue. Frankly, I figure I am a beta tester for them and they must be monitoring forums to see what issues people notice. No company would let code just leak.

<rant> The one thing that kind of sticks in my craw is not that I am beta testing for them. It is the fact that VZW and Moto want to tell you that you voided your warranty because you used the software that they intentionally leaked. How many leaked copies of Windows betas do you really see? Certainly not 4 different releases in less than 6 weeks. These companies are smart. I don't mind testing stuff, just don't tell me that their software leaks void their hardware warranty. </rant>

Sorry. I had to get that off my chest. :p

Graymayre

Reaction score
You can safely report the issues anonymously. Also, this probably now means that we will see more leaks before the official release. So stay tuned for 240

Driod Bionic ICED 232

Reaction score
to clarify, i'm not using a lapdock - i'm using a webtop adapter and an HD dock
also, i have a RAZR, for which OTA ICS has been released - so i have real deal webtop 3.0
i totally agree that the old webtop version with firefox was buggy and could use improvement - but the premise was sound - it was a desktop/PC emulator
but they didn't even try to debug and improve it - the new webtop is a whole new product - it's not a desktop/PC emulator, it's a tablet emulator - there's a big difference - and i didn't buy a moto to get a tablet emulator, i bought it to get what i had originally - and now they pulled the rug out from under me

My thoughts exactly. If I didn't have a webtop setup for my Droid Bionic also, I would be rooting my Razr Maxx back to Gingerbread. ICS on the phone itself is nice, but lost my desktop emulator, which is why I bought it. I feel ripped off.

MightyT01

Reaction score
I own a Bionic , Razr Maxx and a Lapdock 100. Personally, the switch to Webtop 3.0 is a significant improvement. It is much smoother, more robust, and less laggy. Furthermore you no longer need a lapdock to experience the benefits. Hook your phone up to your HDTV and surf away in webtop 3.0 with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse or trackpad.

I used my lapdock and webtop 3.0 quite a bit on a recent vacation. Used it to stream movies, surf, and text. Much better then webtop 2.0.

All this to say that I do fully appreciate the idea of trying to implement a desktop version of webtop. It was just too darn laggy to be of any use. If they ever get a butter smooth version of Ubuntu mobile, I will be all over that. Until then webtop 3.0 is much better then webtop 2.0.

Sent from my rooted Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.