1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Web Page not Available after rooting Droid 2

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by 10yck, Apr 18, 2012.

1. 10yck

10yck New Member

I need some help. I finally broke down and rooted my Droid 2. Since rooting I can not access the web via any browser I have. I click on the app (stock browser, Dolphin, and I get the "web page not available" page show up. I used the one click root from this forum because I am not a tech at all. Does anyone know how I fix this problem in very simple, easy terms. I am not running a custom ROM, in case that question comes up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

10yck
  2. doublejack

doublejack New Member

Have you toggled Wifi & data on and off? Tried rebooting the phone? Usually I experience problems like that when the web browser thinks there's no data connection, for one reason or another. Those simple steps are all that it takes to resolve the problem most of the time.
  3. 10yck

10yck New Member

Thanks DoubleJack. I have tried that several times and I still cannot connect to the web. I rooted about 2 weeks ago and it has been the same ever since. Web Page Not Available. It is almost like something is blocking it from connecting. Apps are able to go out to the web but not when I actually tap the browser icon. I did an extensive web search from my laptop and have not come up with any answers. Now I am afraid to unroot. It took me two years to finally root because I did not want to brick the phone.
  4. doublejack

doublejack New Member

Well, the next suggestion I have is to either install a custom ROM (something like Cyanogenmod 7, which I'm running on my Droid 2) or to SBF back to a factory state. However, since it took you two years to root the phone because you were worried about bricking it, then I'm not sure you're going to want to take on a little more risky modification such as these.
  5. themib

themib New Member

rooting alone shouldn't change how phone works, just gives you admin access
    is phone in airplane mode?, can you text and email?
Search tags for this page
after rooting cannot web browse

android webpage not available

craig netbook webpage unavailable
this webpage is not available after root
this webpage is not available android after root
web page is not available after

web page not available android

web page not available android root
web page not available on android dolphin
web page not available on my droid bionic
webpage not avalibe rooted phones