Weather Bug Elite

brendanstl

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with Weather Bug Elite? It keeps force closing on my droid and I cant get my location set.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Questions:
1.) Did you un-install the normal WeatherBug app?
2.) Do you have WeatherBug Elite as an exception in your Task Manager (assuming you use one)? Meaning, does it skip-over closing it when you want to close the current, running apps.

I have it, and those are the only two things I did--and might be causing this behavior that I can think of right now.

- Mega

mjs31

Reaction score
I did not have issues with force closing, but did have issues with it continually trying to update. Tore my battery up. I am now back to using the weather channels app.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Did you adjust the settings? You can make it to update when you want it to--and once done--I didn't have any issues with the battery drainage.

- Mega

OP
brendanstl

brendanstl

Reaction score
User error. When i uninstalled the other day and re installed I forgot to run the application before trying to add the widget to the the home page and it made it force close.

tmikels

Reaction score
My question on weatherbug elite is. How can you stop it from loading on start up ?

Thanks

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weatherbug rocks... except the blunt blue color UI...

CatsTide

Reaction score
get weatherbug elite...you can choose background colors or no background. really sweet.
gold.png

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Naa, I bought the Elite one... yea the widget is customizable, but the app itself is still a crappy blinding blue color.

Dandroid247

Reaction score
get weatherbug elite...you can choose background colors or no background. really sweet.
gold.png

hellllllllooooooo down there lol, hey cat im in huntsville. Sorry I had to do it. I saw you over at Pinstack when the storm first came out. I was actually really diggin your theme there. In fact I think I downloaded it at one point. Just out of curiosity what ROM are you running cause I would like to throw that on mine but not sure if it will jive with my cyanogenmod remix rom that JRummy put together.

P.S. what color did you use to make the WB widget seem transparent?

CatsTide

Reaction score
gold.png

hellllllllooooooo down there lol, hey cat im in huntsville. Sorry I had to do it. I saw you over at Pinstack when the storm first came out. I was actually really diggin your theme there. In fact I think I downloaded it at one point. Just out of curiosity what ROM are you running cause I would like to throw that on mine but not sure if it will jive with my cyanogenmod remix rom that JRummy put together.

hey neighbor! in the weatherbug elite you can uncheck background and it won't have any background. i'm running the ultimate droid 8.6.3 with the 24k gold theme using dxtop home replacement.

Dandroid247

Reaction score
gold.png

hey neighbor! in the weatherbug elite you can uncheck background and it won't have any background. i'm running the ultimate droid 8.6.3 with the 24k gold theme using dxtop home replacement.

Cool, I didn't see that check box but then again I wasn't looking either lol. That's my other choice for ROMs for sure. I'm using Helix myself though. I may run it. I wish there was a way to un-morph a theme. I would just make my own but mac compression ratios are a drag.

CatsTide

Reaction score
so what would happen if you ran a new theme? should replace the old one right?

Dandroid247

Reaction score
so what would happen if you ran a new theme? should replace the old one right?

yeah it would, I was talking about going to back to stock though. So in order to override a theme you would either need a stock theme or reinstall a ROM from everything that I've gathered.