We need good AIM app!

jgorman13

Reaction score
Where is a good, free, AOL Instant Messenger???

HI AIM is pretty whack, and I dont feel like spending 10 bucks for a solution when blackberrys and iphones get native AIM clients. anyone agree?

Krish

Reaction score
I use Ebuddy its nice, you can have buncha accounts on like have Aim, Msn, Yahoo, etc.

MAzing87

Reaction score
Have you tried Meebo? You can pretty much use it as an AIM client, as I am an MSN client.
Is Meebo really any better. I like EBuddy but after about 20 min, the app disconnects. I really hate that.

theascended

Reaction score
What we really need is a push IM client so we can leave chat running in the background.

Reaction score
Hi AIM is pretty whack but its worked for me so far. And it is still in beta, right? So it may be far improved upon its official release.
But I think ill try out one of the other clients as well, for now.

Legalgear

Reaction score
Meebo is great, been working flawlessly for me for about 2 weeks now.

Reaction score
Hi AIM is pretty whack but its worked for me so far. And it is still in beta, right? So it may be far improved upon its official release.
But I think ill try out one of the other clients as well, for now.

Big Lou

Reaction score
I use Meebo on a PC but Ebuddy on my Droid. The Ebuddy app is a billion times more attractive and easier to navigate.

mevans

Reaction score
I use Meebo on a PC but Ebuddy on my Droid. The Ebuddy app is a billion times more attractive and easier to navigate.

Meebo is ugly as hell and imports all my phone book contacts, with no way to hide or prevent that. That sucks. I use eBuddy.

josh

Reaction score
I gave up on using an AIM app awhile back when Meebo was constantly disconnecting. I haven't seen an update come through so I don't expect it to be any better.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
I use Meebo. Works great. Haven't had anything with importing contacts. I simply login with my AIM details and it works. Maybe that happens if you use a meebo account or something?

I haven't gotten any disconnects but I read that an update fixed it (I've only had meebo since the fix).
After talking back and forth (a lot) for a while, the shear amount of messages slows down meebo. So I just click close conversation and then I open again. Did that 2-3 times during a 5 hour convo with hundredssss of messages.