Warranty+Ebay?

HowitzerTank

Reaction score
Hello all, I bought a Droid with a clean ESN from someone on eBay less than 6 months ago. I flashed it to MetroPCS. My screen is acting up and my buddy, who has a Droid 2 on Verizon told me that Motorola did the services on his phone and not Verizon. So I went to check online on Motorola repair site and it turns out the phone still has 6 months left on warranty. Would i be able to get it repaired? Do they check with Verizon? Since it even takes me to the online form to get started. Thanks.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should flash the stock SBF, and send it to them.

cloud12077

Reaction score
Hello all, I bought a Droid with a clean ESN from someone on eBay less than 6 months ago. I flashed it to MetroPCS. My screen is acting up and my buddy, who has a Droid 2 on Verizon told me that Motorola did the services on his phone and not Verizon. So I went to check online on Motorola repair site and it turns out the phone still has 6 months left on warranty. Would i be able to get it repaired? Do they check with Verizon? Since it even takes me to the online form to get started. Thanks.

Flash it back to stock, then you can open a repair ticket with motorola. It's going to take you a few weeks to get your phone back though.