Wallpaper? How to get rid of it?

toadzilla

Reaction score
Here is the deal.. I took a pic of my wife and put it on my phone back in Feb.. before I rooted my droid. Now I have added themes, but she still keeps showing up as my wall paper. I love her, but the new stuff looks so cool and with the colors of the themes she just doesn't look right. Any help?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Long press on the home screen where you have no icons or widgets and select wallpaper. Choose a new picture from the gallery, wallpaper gallery, or try a live wallpaper.

Emitted from X.

OP
toadzilla

toadzilla

Reaction score
Did that, but everytime I install a new ROM she's back. I thought that the themes had the wallpaper included. I guess not. Just the icons and all change. Right?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Correct. Themes change the overall look of whatever app they're made for, ie messaging, calendar, etc. And/or, they change the notification bar and etc.

However, installing a new rom shouldn't revert your wallpaper back to something else you've used. Really, the only way that should be happening is if you're restoring a backup that you made where you had her picture set as the wallpaper.

Is the picture there until you change it, or is it showing up and then taking some time to load whatever wallpaper you replaced it with? I've had experiences where my live wallpaper had been killed by the OS's "task manager" function and a regular picture that I had previously set appeared for a few seconds before the live wallpaper kicked in, but never had a wallpaper that I had changed reappear after installing a new rom.

In fact, when you install a new rom, the wallpaper should revert to the standard stock wallpaper, or whatever wallpaper is setup as the stock one of the rom. When you install a different rom, are you wiping your phone, or just installing roms ontop of roms?

Sorry for the lengthy post here. Just trying to get a full picture of the issue!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
wipe data :)

That's where I was headed. As much of a pain as it is to reinstall everything and set everything up, a VAST majority of roms runs a heck of a lot better if they're installed on a clean slate with a data wipe.

Emitted from X.

OP
toadzilla

toadzilla

Reaction score
Sorry I took so long to post a reply, but I've been a little busy. Everytime i install a new rom I always wipe data and clear cache. I installed chevy's ROM and only had stock or a few that were in the gallery. I loaded Liquid's ROM and there she was. So I did a data wipe and loaded the eclair back to the phone... stock wallpaper just like when I bought it. Then I wiped data and loaded the rooted frg01B. She was back! Hmm so I went so far as to delete that pic from the SD card.. she was still there. So I figured what the heck and loaded the ROM I wanted back to the phone and found another wallpaper I liked and selected it. I just thought it was weird that it kept coming back even after all the data wipes. It has to be stored somewhere on my SD and I still have a nandroid backup of my stock phone with that wallpaper stored there. No way that should be showing up though is it? You just thought your post was long!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmmm...yeah. Totally stumped. Guess the Droidverse is trying to tell you something...Haha!

After you load a new rom and then change the wallpaper to something other than her picture, does it come back, or only when you load a new romm?

Emitted from X.

OP
toadzilla

toadzilla

Reaction score
Only when I add a new ROM. Like if I go back to the plain rooted froyo it comes back. Oh and yeah! I thought someone or something was trying to tell me something too. It's not a problem.. I just thought it was weird that no matter what I did I couldn't get it to go away except for just replacing it... everytime I load a new ROM. She even made a comment today that her picture wasn't on my phone anymore. I told her I just needed a new pic! Maybe a nude this time.. Yeah Right! I better not even ask for that one!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haha! Well, best of luck to you. If she goes for it, you should definitely not load new roms around other people if you replace it...

Emitted from X.