VPN issue fixed??

gossamar

Reaction score
I have been lurking/reading on the forums here for days learning everything I can about the "X" and the new "2". I was pretty sold on the "X" until I read that the VPN client server app has a glitch that is suppose to be corrected with 2.2. The more I read, the more I am considering the Droid 2 for my first smart phone. For those with the new 2, I am interested to know if they have the VPN client fixed or not. I know that a lot of the issues on the "X" was with the Cisco client, which is what my company also uses. Any insight or information on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks...

tphillip1120

Reaction score
VPN Issue is not fixed in Froyo 2.2

I recently bought a Droid 2 with Android 2.2. I am unable to connect to my companies PPTP VPN (Microsoft ISA 2004 Server). Apparently the encryption problem with the Android VPN client still exists with the Droid 2. I alos was unable to connect to our corporate email using Activesync. Apparently Motorola thinks it's ok to connect to corporate networks without encryption. I was able to get my corporate email to work using an application called Touchdown that I download from the MarketPlace. I was on the Motorola forums last night and saw that apparently Motorola is giving Droid X customers a free license to the Touchdown software. What about us Droid 2 users? I bought this phone for it's supposed corporate capabilities, and also because the Droid X was no where to be had for several weeks (Verizon has them backordered). All in all I love the phone, but the lack of corporate features may force me to return it within 30 days if a some fixes are not released to fix some of the outstanding issues that have apparently carried over from Adroid 2.1.

rgesner

Reaction score
No problems connecting to our corporate Exchange (and I'm just using $30 data plan).

But my net admins spent several hours unsuccessfully trying to to connect VPN to our Cisco IPsec VPN, so that bug/stupid design flaw still exists.

Droid 2 OS 2.2.20

OP
G

gossamar

Reaction score
Yep...that Cisco client thing is what I am waiting for to be fixed. I downloaded touchdown to avoid any hassles in connecting to work email...has gotten some good reviews.