Voice Recording / Recognition App?

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
My step-father just purchased a Lenovo Android tablet for use in a class he's taking. He's looking for software similar to the Dragon Voice software, something that will record audio and convert it to text. Mostly because he doesn't know how to type. He's also not especially tech savvy, so the easier to run, the better.

Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance.

Briankbl

Reaction score
He can download the FlexT9 keyboard. It comes with Dragon Dictation voice recognition. I believe it only listens for 60 seconds at a time because it needs to stop to process the speech.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
D

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the problem. The built in software only does short periods at a time as well. He needs something that can do an entire lecture at a time.

mrobinwood

Reaction score
(I'll preface this with, yes, I know this isn't an app, but...) The LiveScribe pens are great for that... They are pens that record your lectures while you take notes (and by notes I mean any type of mark on the paper) and they have apps that can convert notes to text among other things. Especially handy if you need to do drawings or math equations... I recommend them for almost any student - whether they have a disability or not... :p

I've had a couple of clients that like "Dragon Go" or "Assistant".