voice command issue

CRwrestler44

Reaction score
Hey guys, so the voice command feature on my new droid 2 is way amazing and very helpful when driving. I seem to be having issues with it tho some times. Sometimes, when I want to use it, it will say "couldn't connect." So it wont let me do it. sometimes it does that, sometimes it doesn't. Anybody know why?

Khiraji

Reaction score
Hmmm. I've never had that problem with voice command, but occasionally my voice command takes forever (several minutes) to open. It's like the app is frozen somehow. Strangely, back-button-ing out and retrying often works fine.

OP
CRwrestler44

CRwrestler44

Reaction score
Hmmm. I've never had that problem with voice command, but occasionally my voice command takes forever (several minutes) to open. It's like the app is frozen somehow. Strangely, back-button-ing out and retrying often works fine.

No my 3G isn't on because i have a data limit per month so I just have off since im over already .... hmpf... but ya its off

elvyrorie

Reaction score
They offer a non unlimited data plan for the droid 2? The things I learn each day.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I doubt that's verizon. I'm pretty sure voice search communicates with the google server somehow during that "working" phase. That's why it won't work when your data is off.