Voice activated background app?

Killtrip

Reaction score
I don't know if it is possible, but I'm looking for an app that when uses a specific voice command to run another app.

Thing is, i'm looking for one that sits active constantly.

I know I can press the button for voice search and voice commands. But I'm looking for an app that allows me to say that button.

Specifically, I want to be able to be in my car, droid in the dock, and say 'computer' and it opens the voice search box. this possible?

mydroidworks

Reaction score
Not sure but I second wanting an app or any voice activated anything but I feel like this could be a bad idea too, what about small talk setting it off to make calls or search the web when u r just talking to your friend in the car....nothing stopping it thus the buttons u have to push to activate some voice command

andro

Reaction score
what a great idea, sounds like it would suck down the battery but how cool would that be? call me kirk, capt kirk!

OP
K

Killtrip

Reaction score
I thought about those two issues, smalltalk setting it off, as well as the battery life.

My intent though, is to use it only in the car, where it would be plugged into the charger, so battery life would not be an issue. Other sounds activating it might be a possibility, but I don't know how to control that.. :(

It would be the coolest if, after saying 'computer', when it opened the voice search box, it would also play a programmable sound.. :D like the computer affirmation sound in star trek.. :p

mydroidworks

Reaction score
Yeah but I think small talk is the hardest part I made calls on my blue tooth before I switched the settings ...it would call people when I said call in a sentence haha and I had no idea and was singing for hours to random friends while driving in the car and I had no idea lol... someone will figure an app out though I bet if they have a app that can print out barcodes to print and put over other barcodes as a lesser price and they work someone will figure this out lol some russian or chinese hacker lol prob

OP
K

Killtrip

Reaction score
I could see how that would be an issue.. maybe a cheesy workaround is to trian it to respond to a work that you rarely use? like firepoker.. how often are you gonna say firepoker in the car to your friends? lol

jbr13

Reaction score
Another problem would be it picking up words being played on your radio and cds. Pretty much would have to have a single button press to activate the voice command mode. I would just like to see more voice comands.....call, text, browse, map, navigate, or be able to program a voice command for a app. It would be nice to be able to set things up so when I say "weather" it takes me to my favorite weather app, or "facebook" and it open that app.