No Google Voice SMS with new Voice Search?

tdiggitydog

Reaction score
I use google voice for all texting on my Droid and it seems odd that the new voice search command will always default to the standard messaging app. Anyone know a workaround???

scion676

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I also have Vlingo but that defaults to the built-in messaging app as well... anyone with an idea how to force either app to use GV instead?

scion676

Reaction score
Thanks for the link but that is actually related to a different problem that people are having around incoming messages. What we would like to do is force apps like google voice actions or vlingo to automatically drop text, from using the voice prompt at the home screen, into google voice as opposed to the native msging client. None of my contacts know my phones actual verizon number, they all have my GV number.... so texting them with the native app would just be confusing and counterproductive.

Scion

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link but that is actually related to a different problem that people are having around incoming messages. What we would like to do is force apps like google voice actions or vlingo to automatically drop text, from using the voice prompt at the home screen, into google voice as opposed to the native msging client. None of my contacts know my phones actual verizon number, they all have my GV number.... so texting them with the native app would just be confusing and counterproductive.

Scion

I don't think this is possible in Google Voice. Are you saying you could do this before with Vlingo?

scion676

Reaction score
Unfortunately no hookbill, just thought I'd try and ask in the forum since it was a little nagging annoyance. To be honest, it wouldn't be that much of a problem since there's a vlingo keyboard u can use to drop text in while your inside gv... only problem is that my default is swype so I have to change keyboards every time I want to dictate a msg as opposed to typing it.

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
aye, it probably won't be available until they better integrate GV into the system.