Vmoda Vibe Duo Review

impmonkey

Reaction score
I just purchased the V-Moda Vibe Duo earbuds for my Droid and here is my initial impression.

Looks - Buds are small and well assembled. Cord is a braided material and looks durable.
Comfort - What Buds. They are super light and real comfortable. They also come with 8 different sets of plugs so you can get the best fit for your ear.
Sound - Great! I'm no audiophile but these are a ton better then the Skull Candies and the Altec Lansing Beatbacks I have had in the past. Deep Bass, Crisp Highs!
Even out of the no equalizer Droid.
There is still some cord noise but again much less then others I have used.
They don't block a ton of outside noise but enough for me. (still have to answer my desk phone)
Durability - Will update

How it works with a Droid - The phone answer button is compatible with the phone but when presses again instead of hanging up it mutes the call. (I guess the other caller should get the hint at that point and hang up anyway. ;)
Mic is great and my wife has noticed no difference over me talking directly into the phone.

So far these have been great and I look forward to using them! Lets just hope they hold up.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I was waiting to see if these work properly. For me, the lack of being able to end the call makes them a no go. That's too bad, as they sound good. Based on your findings, I am guessing that the Senn MM50 and the Ety HF2 would be the same. I guess I'll have to stick with my stereo bluetooth headset, which works fine to answer and end the call.

msmojorisin

Reaction score
more info please

thanks for the review, do the music controls work at all?

sapo916

Reaction score
Have you tried doing a long press to end the call?

scmichael

Reaction score
Hope this helps

I read this forum before deciding to buy the Vibe Duo and was a little frustrated that it wasnt complete. So I decided to answer the questions I had BEFORE I bought one.

I just got it today and here are some of the things about it. To begin with these sound great! They are great for music and calls and suit my purposes perfectly even though it would have been nice if it ended calls and controlled music better.

FYI I just have the default music player installed so dont know if results would be different with other programs. I had Meridian installed before and the results were the same.

Just like similar experiences with the Iphone headsets I have tried on the droid, the mute button just plays and pauses songs. No matter what you do, long press, double click or single click, it just causes the song to play and pause. A few times when i double clicked i thought it was fast forwarding, but actually it was pausing and playing quickly so it sounded like it was skipping ahead.

Here are other things in case you were wondering:

It does work like it should in that if you are listening to music and a call comes it, it mutes the song until you hang up.

When a call comes in hitting the mute button will answer the call, BUT you cannot hang up. You need to use the "end call" on phone which was a deal killer for some people in this thread, but wasnt a big deal for me.

Next, if you accidentally hit the mute button at any time, the last song you were listening to will suddenly start playing again. So if you are watching a video on the phone and hit the mute button not only will your video continue, but the last song will resume. Annoying, but just dont click the mute button unless you're on a call.

These come with 3 sizes in black and clear ear gels (I bot chrome so dont know what colors come with black model) so it blocks out a lot of noise which is great for me. Not too sure about how I sound to other ppl on the other end if I'm in my car or outside since I have only tested them inside my house, but they sounded good in my tests.

One bad thing which is related to ear gels in general, it blocks out so much outside noise that I have to work hard at not yelling like my mom when I am on the phone.

One additional thing I found interesting. Look here:

New V-Moda Vibe and Vibe Duo Jacks Mean Fewer Dead Headphones (Hopefully) - New v-moda vibe duo - Gizmodo

Apparently the L-shaped plugs are the better/newer plugs.

I hope this helps you guys.

Let me know if you want me to clarify anything.