Video's won't play

bmr7c

Reaction score
I can't play any videos on my phone. Not even ones I've taken. Youtube, tubemate.......nothing. I'm rooted with 928bgx. That's it. Nothing removed or frozen. Stock rom. This is just all of the sudden. Is it a possible virus?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I doubt a virus is to blame...

Do this...do a Battery Pull while the phone is "on". Reboot the phone and see if that changes anything. If that doesnt do any good, remove the battery again, unseat the SD card, and then reseat the SD card...reboot the phone and see if that helps. If not, then you may have to resort to a Factory Data Reset...

Post back with your end results...we`ll help as best we can...:)

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
Tried all of the above and it still doesn't work. Says "sorry this video cannot be played". I downloaded and player off the market and that will play video's from my gallery. But stock player won't do it still. And I still can't play video's off youtube or the tubemate app.

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
How do I do a factory data reset? And what will I lose by doing this?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
To do a data reset go to Menu button--->Settings--->Privacy--->Factory Data Reset...

If you do this, it will effectively wipe your phone and set it back to "new in the box" state..meaning you will have to set it back up the way you had it. Make sure you sync all you can with your Google account as well as apps with Titanium if you are rooted..your apps will also back up on Google as well and will reload once you log back in from the phone..

Look around here on the forums, there are a lot of good guides for doing this..

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
I didn't do a reset but I did revert back to my stock backup in clockwork recovery and it worked. Videos played. I don't know what happened to my current system. I didn't delete anything in titanium. Nor did I freeze anything. It just stopped working. Strange. But at least I know it will work in stock form. So I will prob just put it back to stock .315 and retheme it. Glad I kept a backup of that b4 I did the ota.

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
So my X doesn't play video and the camcorder doesn't work. What's anyone's take on that?

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
Screen comes up and its totally black.......like someone had their finger over the lens.

tanyrl

Reaction score
I don't know much, but the rom, and/or theme decided whether or not my camera worked, or my videos played-our even if ringtones and music would play. So far, liberty 1.5 is rockin my phone. Every X is different tho-Make a back up, and try something else

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
But its strange why this all of the sudden occured.

tanyrl

Reaction score
Can't call it. But sometimes it d work for a few hours, and once it was a few days before it went all googly. I used to restore it, then I started flashing new stuff, and now, I've find my home with liberty ;) good luck, damn phones frustrating to say the least-when its not playing nice.

Raven15

Reaction score
Droid X Video

I recently installed "Device Doctor" to troubleshoot a problem with streaming radio. Video library would show only a video "icon", when pressed to play, would show an error message. Uninstalled Device Doctor, now video works fine.
Try uninstalling any recent apps installed, then try the video again.