Droid X not saving videos properly

TheColorCute

Reaction score
My Droid X won't properly save long videos (~5 minutes +). I'll take a 6 minutes video, for example, and it won't save it properly after I press "Stop". The file appears in my gallery, but it won't allow me to play it. When I try to play it, it says "File cannot be displayed or played". I've tried it with both the stock video player and doubleTwist. It won't play on the computer, either. I've tried restarting the phone, removing the battery, and removing the SD card. Nothing works. The phone is not rooted, nor is it modded in any way. Is there any way to recover the video? Any help would be most appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Power

Reaction score
I've been getting this issue lately as well, no matter the length of video.

Doing some testing it seems to be related to the SD card. If I press the stop button after I finish the video and leave the camera alone for a few seconds it seems to work better. If stop recording and say hit the Home key or Off key it seems to corrupt the file, like it's not done writing it to the card.

Might try that and see if it works better for you.

ir3 s13

Reaction score
What worked for me is when you open the record icon go to the settings and disable the "tag" option. Seemed to work for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nickelocene

Reaction score
I had this problem before. that was due to a defective SD card that came with the phone. I used a program called checkflash and found the card had a lot of bad sectors. After I chanced to a new card and error free from checkflash, I never had problem with video since.