video icons and titles

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by Innerchaos, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Innerchaos

Innerchaos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so I have been ripping my personal dvd collection to wmv10 format so I can play them on my xbox and now the same files work on my phone...

my problem is this when you go to the gallery and select videos it shows a square black or green icon and a play button but there is no title.

is there a way to associate a thumbnail to the video so I can scan my dvd cover and create a picture..

currently I am just using the file browser and navigating to my movies directory and selecting on whatever movie I want to play.

but I am sure that there must be a way to utilize the gallery so I dont have to navigate through the file browser

2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not with Gallery.

It creates a screenshot from the video somewhere between the 5 and 15 second mark (random) and ignores things like MP4 tags or "album art".

There are plenty of video players in the market (Act1 for example) that do display titles / filenames, but unfortunately gallery does not.

3. Innerchaos

Innerchaos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats a shame... well I guess I download even more apps to replace the pre-packaged ones.

Thanks for the reply :)

Search tags for this page

android how to show video titles