1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Video Demo of Google Coversation Mode

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 17, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Last week we shared with you that Google's Translate App turned 1 Year old and received a new feature called Conversation Mode. Above we have a video of this in action. It obviously needs a lot of work, but is still impressive to say the least. We really are seeing the painful birth of a 'Star Trek-like' universal translator... at least for languages that you program it with. It will probably take a tiny bit of time for us to develop an algorithm that can instantly learn new languages. ;)

Source: Phonearena
  2. Zargon

Zargon New Member

I've played around with it the past few days. It seems to have a lot of trouble working properly when there is any background noise.
  3. jakethegringo

jakethegringo New Member

Google translate Fail

the funny thing about the video is it only got the first and last ones right. the rest wouldn't have made sense to a Spanish speaking person. as much as i hate to admit it, translation fail google!
  4. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

well he only did three things...so 2/3 aint bad...
  5. jakethegringo

jakethegringo New Member

lol

Well, i guess i was counting hello. lol! But 50% isnt bad too! it beats not understanding ANYTHING! Trust me, i would know!