Video chat

disneyhayes

Reaction score
Is there any live video chat for the vortex? I'm really starting to dislike my phone

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums

OP
D

disneyhayes

Reaction score
I gotta get a new phone. This one sucks

OP
D

disneyhayes

Reaction score
I just want to find a way for my inlaws to see my kids while we're on vacation. We don't want to pay $10 a day for wireless at the resort

wmdrummond

Reaction score
Why don't you tether your phone to your laptop computer? There are several ways to use tethering. PDAnet is easily available and works great for me. It is pretty simplet to set up and get operating. Then you will use your data plan to do video chat. You can also use Skype on your phone's data plan, you can use the mirror trick to either let the kids see the in-laws or to let the in-laws see the kids. It is not high-tech, but it works.
Of course there is always another option... take me with you and I'll handle the tech stuff. dancedroid

andersonin

Reaction score
I use Tango on mine. I mainly use it to show our daughter the grandchildren when out hiking, playing at the park etc. so I really don't care if she can see "ME" or not. She can see the kids or what I'm taping! Which is what I wanted in the first place! :icon_ lala: