Video chat

Nickswl07

Reaction score
What is the best app for video chatting on a galaxy tab? Or just the best app in general?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

OP
N

Nickswl07

Reaction score
I haven't yet, I will though. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
At the present time, it looks like the only app that will support video chat between a Tab and a PC is ooVoo. I have it on my Tab and have used it successfully for video chatting between it and 2 different laptops (one XP and one Vista Ultimate). It worked great in both situations. Obviously, the experience was better when the Tab was running on WiFi. It was still useable when the Tab was on 3G.

I have tried the Yahoo Messenger video plugin for the Tab but was never successful in getting the video working both ways (Tab-to-PC and PC-to-Tab). Posts I read in various forums indicated that this was a common experience.

Skype has made some noises that they will be releasing an Android app that will support video but so far, we've seen nothing. When you take into account the various issues that exist with Skype with some carriers (3G vs WiFi), I will be surprised if we ever see anything.

Karen Arthur

Reaction score
I’d like to recommend “Tango” which is the best video chatting app for iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices on 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi. You can video call your friends and family around the world.

Southbayali

Reaction score
I tried fring but always with a forced terminated call. Same with Skype. Most frustrating. Ended up with Tango too. So far working fine.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
Skype has made some noises that they will be releasing an Android app that will support video but so far, we've seen nothing.

Skype recently acquired Qik.
Qik has video chat, and the free Qik app is still available in the Market.
And Microsoft recently acquired Skype.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app