Video Call All Day With Tangp

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
looks great in the pics, will wait for the next high powered phone that has a front facing cam.... no current one interests me

ps whats she doing talking to him? lol

dietche

Reaction score
TangP and Fring and stuff

If you pretend like it's an old school walkie talkie and do like we old people had to do, which was saying "over", it works rather well. Each time you are done with your current remark you say "over" and you both switch your camera views around real fast. This way, neither person is watching the screen while it's all shaky or anything.

I've used Fring this way a few times and it's not bad. It does bring the distance between closer than voice can by itself when you're away from family.

It's real good for tucking the kids in at night too since you aren't really switching back and forth a lot like a real conversation might be. You ask them about their day and they tell you all about it but they can still hear you as you laugh at their exploits and then they tell you g'nite. Then you switch camera views around real fast and you tell them g'nite. For just this alone, it's really worth it and really closes the "distance between feeling" by a huge amount.

Also, the mirror trick as mentioned above is good if you have some kind of stand for both the mirror and the phone. However, the camera has a bad tendency to focus on the focal plane of the mirrors surface instead of the reflection (ergo: you) in the mirror. So the person on the other end gets this wonderful view of smudges and dust on the mirror glass. To beat the problem try pulling the phone farther away which can help force it to focus at infinity.

--Dietche

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
looks great in the pics, will wait for the next high powered phone that has a front facing cam.... no current one interests me

ps whats she doing talking to him? lol

Hahaha... great observation man.

Could always both use mirrors if ya dont have a front facing camera? hahaha.

Eschy

Reaction score
am i the only one reminded of Kyles cousin on south park by the picture in the smaller screen

amblix

Reaction score
I just ordered the isnapeme for my X as a test. It's only $20 and according to the company, it does fit the droid X ok. It's the only known android device it fits.

spyder560

Reaction score
Sounds like some of you were able to get this thing working.
I've tried several times with people on different carriers and I only can see my view and I can hear/talk to them. But video wise, their view is completely blacked out.