Vibration Notification Toggle Removed from JB?!

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I noticed that there is no longer a check box to toggle vibration for notifications, only vibration for calls. It seems like this was removed intentionally based upon what I've read. I like notification vibration for gmail and texts during the day, but I prefer it to be disabled when I sleep. I used Setting Profiles (like Tasker) to disable notification vibration when charging at night, but now since JB, the phone vibrates all night whenever gmail gets an email. Has anyone found a way (or an app) that can toggle notification vibrations or at least gmail vibrate based upon conditions (anyone have Tasker that is willing to try?) I guess I could manually uncheck the box every night, but that's a pain. I could also turn off Sync during the night, but I'm not a huge fan of that either. Not sure why Google removed this, seems like a step back....

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Just an idea , maybe set up a something in smart actions?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, Smart Actions doesn't separate call and notification volumes. Also, I believe the gmail vibration still occurs anyways. Any other ideas? Anyone with tasker have any tricks for this or know if it can control gmail settings?

angelbowler

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, Smart Actions doesn't separate call and notification volumes. Also, I believe the gmail vibration still occurs anyways. Any other ideas? Anyone with tasker have any tricks for this or know if it can control gmail settings?

If you're accessing Gmail through the Gmail app you can do there...I did. Pull up Gmail touch menu then settings then your gmail address and it will pop up there under inbox, sound and vibrate. Then just uncheck the box for vibration. Viola it worked for me.