Vibrate when texting

Bshaggy6

Reaction score
When i receive texts my droid never vibrates...is there an app that makes this possible or is it just a problem that motorola has to fix?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The stock messaging app and Handcent SMS both have settings for 'vibrate' when receiving a notification. Droid DOES this :)

DeeMat

Reaction score
From another forum...

When i receive texts my droid never vibrates...is there an app that makes this possible or is it just a problem that motorola has to fix?

To make SMS messages vibrate:
"Messaging" -> Menu Button -> "Settings" -> Vibrate option is at the bottom of the list

acetwo

Reaction score

To make SMS messages vibrate:
"Messaging" -> Menu Button -> "Settings" -> Vibrate option is at the bottom of the list

but it also vibrates for (notification) when i dont have my phone to vibrate

DeeMat

Reaction score
Okay. Well, I understand the Handcent SMS alternative might do the trick for you. It's weird that we need a 3rd party app for that... Perhaps 2.1 will take care of that issue.

lockman

Reaction score
My phone quit vibrating about a week ago. Probably a conflict with dildroid or something LOL. But since I'm too lazy to figure it out I dl'd Smart Vibrate from the market. Works fine.