Vertical vs Horizontal.

BACnDNA

Reaction score
Hello, I've got a weird problem (or so it seems to me) and I cannot figure out how to get it corrected. I have of course a Verizon HTC DNA and I am trying to get my videos off it to my computer or external hard drive to save. Here's the problem. If I take a video with the phone while holding it horizontally I can transfer the video with no problem to just about anywhere I want and I get audio and video. But if I take a video vertically then only the audio will transfer.
I usually just copy and paste everything from my phone to my computer after I connect it through the USB. I have also gone into the settings of the phone's video camera area and do not see anything to set different for horizontal vs vertical. The vertical videos are saved with the small windows icon that has the film strip and music icon on it and it opens but only plays the audio while the horizontal videos have a picture for the icon.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help!

Benzart

Reaction score
Hello, I've got a weird problem (or so it seems to me) and I cannot figure out how to get it corrected. I have of course a Verizon HTC DNA and I am trying to get my videos off it to my computer or external hard drive to save. Here's the problem. If I take a video with the phone while holding it horizontally I can transfer the video with no problem to just about anywhere I want and I get audio and video. But if I take a video vertically then only the audio will transfer.
I usually just copy and paste everything from my phone to my computer after I connect it through the USB. I have also gone into the settings of the phone's video camera area and do not see anything to set different for horizontal vs vertical. The vertical videos are saved with the small windows icon that has the film strip and music icon on it and it opens but only plays the audio while the horizontal videos have a picture for the icon.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help!

What apps have you installed and updated? What have you added to your phone and what settings have you changed?
I'm not pointing any fingers only trying to see what's going on.
Good luck, Ben
sent from my HTC DROID DNA

OP
B

BACnDNA

Reaction score
Oh, good question. I havent thought of that. I'm not a big app fan though. I only have maybe 5-6 that I use. Ill look and see. As for the setting, I don't think I have changed much. I usually change the phone setting to have certain apps that I use often on the main page and then how the phone sleeps, rings, and how often it checks my email. After that I don't know much of what I'm doing. Thanks.