Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S5 about to enjoy the Android 4.4.4 update

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Samsung Smart Switch transfers everything, but it requires two phones which wouldn't be helpful here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1 I have used My Backup Pro many times. You can BU to your SD. It will BU just about everything.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
+1 I have used My Backup Pro many times. You can BU to your SD. It will BU just about everything.
Are you rooted? Which version of BP are you using (lite/pro/rooted)?

ngt

Reaction score
Is there a way too just not get the update and stop the notifications from coming? it says it's ready to install, but i don't want something that forces my data on every time i use WiFi.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Is there a way too just not get the update and stop the notifications from coming? it says it's ready to install, but i don't want something that forces my data on every time i use WiFi.

What do you mean by forces your data when you're on wifi? I just updated couple hours ago, and the 4G light stays on even though im on wifi. However, it actually is not using your data at all.

As for the update, I dont know if my thinking is just biased based on what I read with the upgrade, but the phone is faster or snapier now than before. Camera/Gallery apps opens faster. That red/green color when trying to focus is gone. Although I noticed that it focuses a lot quicker now.

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Although both are lit up when you are on Wifi the arrows under Wifi are flashing. The Data is not touched unless you are not using Wifi. I tested it since the update on my wife and daughter's phone. Our data was not affected. The battery life improved. It is faster. No problems at all.

Reactions: ngt

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Although both are lit up when you are on Wifi the arrows under Wifi are flashing. The Data is not touched unless you are not using Wifi. I tested it since the update on my wife and daughter's phone. Our data was not affected. The battery life improved. It is faster. No problems at all.
Yep, data is not in use. The 4G icon remains lit up now due to VoLTE support (and it will remain on even if you don't have VoLTE enabled).

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Downloading now. Hoping this fixes the "Unfortunately VZWAVSSERVICE has stopped" error. That is, I know what caused it and the workaround (posted here: if anyone needs it) but if it's fixed I can just let Google+ update with everything else.
This forum rocks.

Update: so far, so good....

Last edited:

Pyzon

Reaction score
I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a CS rep to get my regular voicemail back after it was shut
down because of the update and to activate my now free basic visual voicemail. (I did not know the regular
voicemail was off until a customer called to tell me he could not leave any voice,mail as it was not setup)

The phone rep told me all was well. But I could not find any kind of a new notification when a voicemail was left that indicated any visual voicemail was available. Sooooooo....I just now spent 20 frustrating minutes via chat to get the now free visual voicemail to be activated, ...only to be told that it was not free, it was still $2,99, and that it was not added to my features but would I like it added for $2.99 a month.

Seems VW did not get the free basic visual voicemail memo......

Sorta reminds me of when I was a Sprint customer for 10 years.....

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
I just got my S5 yesterday and 4.4.4 was one of the things going on. I keep getting popup messages to update voicemail, but I prefer to disable it as 1. Some of the dumbest things I have heard were in voice mails, 2. I don't need it if I can see that I missed a call and 3. I do not want spam callers to even be offered the opportunity to verify my number is valid. I block all unknown callers, telemarketers, politicians, survey callers and charity scams (they are all scams).

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Downloading now. Hoping this fixes the "Unfortunately VZWAVSSERVICE has stopped" error. That is, I know what caused it and the workaround (posted here: if anyone needs it) but if it's fixed I can just let Google+ update with everything else.
This forum rocks.

Update: so far, so good....

I was wondering what that error message was from! Now that I think about it, I have not received it since the update either

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk