Verizon sends me Update and I cant do it!

blainedepue

Reaction score
Twice now I wake up and turn my phone off and back on and it says that I have a update and the phone is going to shut down in 10 secs.... then it begins to update and says the following....

verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole file signauture
E:Signature verification failed
Installation Aborted

Then all I can do is reboot and back to normal! What can I do so I can get that automatic update?

I have my phone rooted with Easy Root and I have Set CPU installed. I have superuse Permissions installed.

What can I do so I can get the updates when verizon sends them to me? It doesnt give me the option to download it or save it or nothing... Please help!

OP
B

blainedepue

Reaction score
It says the ROM you are using does not support OTA updates... Should I get a different one and how?

Thanks for all the help too!

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
OTA stands for over the air and that is how verizon releases updates to their android phones. if you install the update from verizon, you will lose root and your overclocking ability. btw, what rom are you using? if i were you, and since you are already rooted, i wouldn't do the ota

OP
B

blainedepue

Reaction score
OK... I have rom manaager and clockworkmod 2.5.0.1? I didnt do all the rooting... I had someone help me cause I wanted the 2.2 before they sent it out to me....

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
are you on 2.2? hit menu, settings, scroll down to about phone, and scroll down to the build number. what is it on yours?

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
ya so the one that verizon sent out (which is the most up to date one) is only one version ahead of yours. so really your not missing very much if you would stay on the version of 2.2 you have. so do you want to do the update and lose root/overclocking and go back to completely stock or do you want to stay rooted but get updated

OP
B

blainedepue

Reaction score
Should I download the FRG22D file and install it manually? I just read how to do that... will that work even though mine is rooted???