Verizon 3G sucks now.

towelyey

Reaction score
50th.. Phone has been struggling the last couple months. I run a different ROM every couple weeks so the blame can't be placed there. I'm running the latest PRL for the area. The most frustrating issue for me is the calls "placing" and watching the timer rack up 15-30 seconds with no verbal connection. Terminate the call, reconnect and bam it works..

Joneser2006

Reaction score
I thought it was just local because the Alltel carrier is switching to AT&T and the towers were getting switched from CDMA to GSM. Oh well, my mistake.

I've used the airplane mode thing, but will be trying the method listed above.

seanubis

Reaction score
Been having 3G issues here too, in southwestern New Mexico, on all of my VZW devices (DX, BB 9650, and MiFi 2200).

VZW used to be rock solid out here - seriously, I once had 3 bars and 2Mbps of 3G goodness, 10 yards inside of a friggin' mine shaft.

Lately though, I can't get 3G even if I stand on my roof and genuflect towards the tower.

It got really bad a couple of weeks ago. Called VZW support and they put me on a different CDMA SID. That seemed to solve the problem for a while, but yesterday I was back to 1x (and even no-x) for most of the day. CDMA SID had not reverted to its old setting, so I'm almost positive that this isn not an issue with my devices.

Then suddenly around 7pm, just as I was about to call VZW again (on VOIP of course, since I had no signal) BAM, 3G and full bars came back up and it's been that way ever since. :\

Anybody else having days like this?

jerryq2

Reaction score
same issue here in Colorado Springs

For the last few months i have noticed very slow speeds. I dont know if anyone else has notices but everytime my phone detects wifi it looses 3g and i have to turn on wifi. i can no longer watch netflix or youtube without it buffering.

chuckz28

Reaction score
For the last few months i have noticed very slow speeds. I dont know if anyone else has notices but everytime my phone detects wifi it looses 3g and i have to turn on wifi. i can no longer watch netflix or youtube without it buffering.

Yeah I can't even get the low quality setting on YouTube to stream without buffering anymore. Data has consistently gotten slower since iPhone launch in my area. It is almost totally useless now and where I used to get up to 1.2 mb/s down I'm lucky to get 300kb/s down anymore. Sometimes about half that.

GoBears

Reaction score
Hey guys theres an app on market called "restart connections" works by switching on airplane mode briefly then switching back. Easier than using the toggle.

GoBears