Verizon 3G sucks now.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
My droid x is constantly losing signal its getting ridiculus. Everytime I open df app or email or fb it goes to 1x. I try to update roaming capibilities still have the issue and I usually use to get good service.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

Jazzbone

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem... it started getting worse a month ago.. i get 1x more than I get 3G... I'm looking at 1X as I type this.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem... it started getting worse a month ago.. i get 1x more than I get 3G... I'm looking at 1X as I type this.

Alittle quick fix I found was to enable airplane mode then shut it off. I think 3G sucks now because the new iphone users on verizon and this 4G network stuff.

Jazzbone

Reaction score
Yep. I do the airplane mode thing. (Toggle widget) and it works until I start surfing or use Pandora. This sucks.

Lostcase

Reaction score
I've noticed this before as well. For a month now..I've been doing the airplane mode trick.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

jgimondo

Reaction score
Same here... I was assuming it was the barrage of iPhone users, which is annoying...

Graymayre

Reaction score
On Motorola phones, go to your dialer:
*#*#4636#*#*
You will go to the phones testing menus,
Phone Status (I think, top one eitherway)
Go down to where you can select the bands, you can select WCDMA Preferred (where it tries to stay on 3G as much as it can, WCDMA=3G) or WCDMA only. This usually resets, but if you go into it alot, it can be pretty fast.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Graymayre

Reaction score
No problem. I got my wife the iPhone 4. Works better on Verizon anyway.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hi graymayre, I have a droid x that is going on to 1x and getting really slow too and I can't get on to all the radio stations on the west coast that I always have been able to for months. Will that method you use on the dialer work for a droid x also (you said you were using a d2 think)?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Hi graymayre, I have a droid x that is going on to 1x and getting really slow too and I can't get on to all the radio stations on the west coast that I always have been able to for months. Will that method you use on the dialer work for a droid x also (you said you were using a d2 think)?

it should work.

Last edited:

Graymayre

Reaction score

Try it.

Jazzbone

Reaction score
On Motorola phones, go to your dialer:
*#*#4636#*#*
You will go to the phones testing menus,
Phone Status (I think, top one eitherway)
Go down to where you can select the bands, you can select WCDMA Preferred (where it tries to stay on 3G as much as it can, WCDMA=3G) or WCDMA only. This usually resets, but if you go into it alot, it can be pretty fast.

Thank you Graymayre! This seems to be helping my DX stay in 3G...

Last edited:

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks...I tried it and it seems to be working better!

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I did the wcmda prefered and now I have no signal or service at all! And it doesn't want to change back to cmda

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App