Vehicle Mounting

Effington

Reaction score
I recently got a new phone and plan to get the Thunderbolt on launch... now I just need to find a decent way to mount it so I can use it as a practical GPS and Bluetooth streaming device...

Something like this Droid X mount is perfect:

Amazon.com: Motorola Car Mount and Rapid Car Charger for Motorola DROID X [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

But it doesn't seem like any decent mounts or cradles are made exclusively for anything HTC...

Any suggestions? How do you use your droid in the car?

Russ2387

Reaction score
I use one like that for my og droid. I will be getting the tb. And they will have a car mount for the tb. (I already checked with a Verizon store)

OP
E

Effington

Reaction score
There are great car mounts, check out Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices you can configure a generic device and configure various types of mounts that meet your needs other than just the windshield.

OK, those are very cool - they're unobtrusive, easy to install and can be customized for specific phones and cars. I'm impressed and thank you very much for the recommendation.

854503-4.JPG-140x

This would be perfect on my car, and I like this location because it would prevent the need for having wires all over the dash. You can also mount it on the pillar to the left of the windshield, but it seems like it would be difficult to keep charged from there.

The Thunderbolt seems to have roughly the same dimensions of the Incredible - but would the clips be interchangeable?

Raptor007

Reaction score
Your welcome. The great part is you can switch out the device holders and reuse the mount and they make lots of different device holders.

Raptor007

Reaction score
That is mighty creative indeed, and super fugly as well. I never could understand the desire to block a vent for heat or air conditioning I mean its nice to be warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

OP
E

Effington

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely not into blocking vents either - and my car's vents are shaped more vertical than horizontal (and sort of triangular) so it wouldn't be an ideal fit anyway.