Used 4g verizon android phone recommendation!

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my droid 3, primarily for the 4g speeds. My complaints about the droid 3 (all issues present after wiping all data):

1. Stuck with an old OS
2. Phone constantly shuts down when trying to navigate and play music
3. GPS decides when it wants to work and when it doesn't
4. Keyboard buttons hardly work, no longer care about a physical keyboard
5. When recording video, every 6-7 seconds the video recording freezes so there are always pauses in recorded video

So if possible I would like to avoid buying a phone with those issues. My requirements are:

1. Not as wide/tall as a galaxy s3. I can go a little bigger than my droid 3 but not much, I like the height/width.
2. At least 720p video.
3. RELIABLE!!!!!!!! I absolutely hate that my droid 3 crashes or loses the GPS permanently IN THE MIDDLE OF NAVIGATING!!!! I never want to have a phone that does this again!
4. 4g
5. Around $100, although I can pay more if it is *necessary* to get something reliable.

I have been eyeing the HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Rezound, Moto Bionic, Moto Razr. Any recommendations? Thanks!

jlang11

Reaction score
I just got a RAZR HD MAXX and LOVE it!!! That gets my vote.

I had a D1 and D3 in the past. Hardest thing for me is getting used to no physical keyboard.

ETA: Also, Verizon wanted $199 for the phone, but I went on Amazon and got it for $69.99. Cant beat that!!!

OP
P

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just got a RAZR HD MAXX and LOVE it!!! That gets my vote.

I had a D1 and D3 in the past. Hardest thing for me is getting used to no physical keyboard.

ETA: Also, Verizon wanted $199 for the phone, but I went on Amazon and got it for $69.99. Cant beat that!!!

Well I decided to go with an original RAZR. I love the fact that the battery lasts so long. Thanks for the reply!