USB File Transfer - how do I even start this

jaymay110

Reaction score
Just got a Galaxy Nexus today, coming from a Motorola Droid. I moved all of my photos and music from the Motorola Droid to my PC, now I'm attempting to move them from PC to Galaxy. When I plug in the USB cord to the Galaxy, nothing happens. On past phones the option has popped up automatically to enable USB transfer. I don't even know where to go to enable this option.

Help? :frown:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Should be able to go to My Computer and see if it shows the phone's connected. If not, then you may have to install some drivers. You should also get prompted that a device is connected to your pc. I don't have any links for drivers atm. But there should be some in the Hacks section.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

OP
J

jaymay110

Reaction score
Thanks... it's really considered a "Hack" to be able to transfer files via USB?? I'm kind of surprised it's this difficult.

I'll look for a driver, thanks.

crashN2u

Reaction score
It's not a hack. It's just like every other piece of equipment you plug into your computer. Everything needs drivers. The only difference is Windows and OSX don't have generic drivers and you didn't get an install disc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
J

jaymay110

Reaction score
So, turns out I just had to disable USB debugging. It was set to enabled by default. After that, worked exactly as expected.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
even with debugging enabled, i cannot transfer pics to my Gnex and its VERY frustrating