USB connector on phone broken - need help getting data off phone

jeffprellwitz

Reaction score
The USB connector on my wife's droid phone is broken (pins bent) so that I cannot insert the USB cable. Is there a way to get all the data onto her laptop somehow so she can buy a new phone and then transfer the data there? Specifically, pictures, contacts, etc. I've read a little on making a bluetooth connection (which i can do via laptop) to transfer, but is there a simple, good site/link anyone can share to help speed up this process. Unfortunately she never installed the sync software on our pc so she's never synced the phone to it. Oh yeah and since the connector is broken, there's limited battery life left. Can Verizon provide this data transfer service to a USB drive - recommendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

tc1

Reaction score
You could try something like wifi file explorer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Alexeon

Reaction score
I use SwiFTP on my phone and then access it from my PC with FileZilla.

You could also try DropBox (though it would probably be a bit tedious on the phone and there is a limit to how much you can transfer.)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The USB connector on my wife's droid phone is broken (pins bent) so that I cannot insert the USB cable. Is there a way to get all the data onto her laptop somehow so she can buy a new phone and then transfer the data there? Specifically, pictures, contacts, etc. I've read a little on making a bluetooth connection (which i can do via laptop) to transfer, but is there a simple, good site/link anyone can share to help speed up this process. Unfortunately she never installed the sync software on our pc so she's never synced the phone to it. Oh yeah and since the connector is broken, there's limited battery life left. Can Verizon provide this data transfer service to a USB drive - recommendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

The contacts will be tied to her Gmail account and will install once logged in on the new phone. The pictures and all that sort of stuff is on the sdcard and that can transferred to the new phone as well. I put the sdcard from my Droid 1 directly into my new Bionic and all has been well.

Her apps are tied to her Gmail account too.

Rouger

Reaction score
You can get a USB SD Card reader and use that to move the files. My son had the same problem with his OG Droid and that's how I moved his data.

OP
J

jeffprellwitz

Reaction score
thanks for all the great info. not being a droid user, i wasn't aware of the hidden sd card. all has been resolved and beloved pics, etc. recovered and backed up. cheers!!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
thanks for all the great info. not being a droid user, i wasn't aware of the hidden sd card. all has been resolved and beloved pics, etc. recovered and backed up. cheers!!
Glad you got it figured out.

Oh, duh! I forgot about the SD card... I must not have been thinking.
Lol, its easy to forget when its hiding behind the battery cover.:p