updating to froyo on droidx?

dapenguin08

Reaction score
I currwntly have the 2.1 and im not sure if to upgrade, my phone itself haven't tell me to update yet... but anyways, i heard is a bad upgrade, is it really or is worth upgrading? I have nener hacked or anything, and im not planning to. What are the bads and good about it? Sorry i tried to look for older posts but all were negatives.

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
I would if i were you...I renamed a file wrong and cant update to 2.2 until i fix it....basic improvments are 2-5x speed. apps-> sd card, and adobe flash.

DreadX

Reaction score
Updating from 2.1

I currwntly have the 2.1 and im not sure if to upgrade, my phone itself haven't tell me to update yet... but anyways, i heard is a bad upgrade, is it really or is worth upgrading? I have nener hacked or anything, and im not planning to. What are the bads and good about it? Sorry i tried to look for older posts but all were negatives.

The update is worth it, but I'd recommend you do a factory reset, start off from a clean slate. Otherwise, the update will conflict with your pics, music,etc.. it did with my old droid X ( "Old" as in I received a brand spanking new one from Verizon, as my old droid x suddenly had a screen issue along the bottom part of the screen that wouldn't go away. Apparently, this is a known issue with some of the first droid x's.. ).

My new droid x is factory set 2.2, and is perfect. I have not experienced any issues of any kind, no weird start ups, no music/picture issues. For that matter, even with my old droid x, I had no issues after a factory reset either. Only that issue with the bottom portion of my screen. I say, go for it!dancedroid