Updated Jellybean 3/23, system deleted 1400 camera pictures

thewoodland99

Reaction score
I updated early saturday morning and all seemed to be going well. I used the camera without problems last night, however I tried to take a picture a little while ago and the pic never took, tried to view the gallery and it said failed to load. After numerous hard and soft restarts my camera album still does not show up in either my gallery or quick pic. Upon checking the available storage on my SD card there is about 5-6 gigs more available now.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
SD card got corrupted? It once happened to me when I had my OG Droid. It was a night of heavy drinking and got wasted. I remember before I knocked out that I was taking a video. When I woke up in the morning to check it, card got corrupted for some reason. I believe that I locked my phone as I was taking the video. Lost so many memories, but good thing I backed up most of it prior to that night.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
JB also has a new Gallery app. I don't like it, but that's how I found a file of photos I thought was deleted. Have you tried that app?

Although the card could be corrupted. I bought a 32gb and couldn't get 2gb off my old 16gb.

OP
T

thewoodland99

Reaction score
Well, this is a fairly new card, I bought it about 3 or 4 months ago when I had problems with pic viewing before ... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-tech-support/237330-d4-locks-up-mainly-viewing-pics.html I loaded this 32 gig card with over 7 gigs of pics and such when I installed it, it's showing 28 gigs available now. I put it in the computer and there's not much on it, a few pics, most of my folders were deleted but it seems like alot of them were installed on the phone somehow because they're on the phone. The new gallery shows less pics than when I look in quick pic. The dcim folder (camera) on the sd card is completely gone. I just tried undelete 360 after reading great reviews on cnet but it only found 1 file and wouldn't even let me preview it, it was only 1 picture anyway.