Unroot

jbundang9

Reaction score
Due to various hardware issues, I will be sending by phone back to Verizon in about a week, under warranty. I need advice on what is the best way to unroot, uninstall clockwork recovery, and cover up my tracks so my warranty is still valid.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Easiest way would be to sbf.... if for some reason you don't want to then tell me and I can dig up the instructions for removing cwm (biggest pain about unrooting).

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
jbundang9

jbundang9

Reaction score
so sbf'ing it would basically restore to factory settings and uninstall clockworkmod?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yes, sbf then boot into stock recovery and wipe data/cache. That will restore it to just being sent from the factory.

OP
jbundang9

jbundang9

Reaction score
boot into stock recovery...?

by stock recovery do you mean clockwork?

Last edited:

leobg

Reaction score
boot into stock recovery...?

by stock recovery do you mean clockwork?

No - stock recovery is not clockwork.

Power off the phone. Press and hold "X" key. Power on the phone and keep pressing X. Once you get the triangle, release X and press the magnifying glass button. You will get the screen of stock recovery.

GoBlazers

Reaction score
I need to unroot my moto droid 1 so i can return it under warranty tomorrow. Where can I find this sbf file? and what is the process to install it after I have transfered it to the phone?

Thanks

OP
jbundang9

jbundang9

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with the Droid forum section, but there should be a sticky with the SBF.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

D2user11

Reaction score
Help!

I need to send my D2 back to verizon. I rooted my phone a while back and I can't get the ninja super user app away from my phone. I have reset back to factory settings, i wiped all my info on my sd card and it is still there. PLEASE HELP!!!