unreliable bluetooth connectivity

jaja714

Reaction score
How nice. No matter what bluetooth device (headset, car stereo, audio adapter) my RMHD is paired with, it cannot reconnect after moving out of range and then back in range. Yes, sometimes turning BT off and then on works and other times rebooting my phone works but a lot of the time, nothing works at all.

I don't understand how this could happen. I don't install any BS games or wallpaper on my phone. My BT connectivity with these very same devices used to work much better, however, a few months ago, something got updated, unbeknownst to me and all that stopped.

This is not the fault of the bt devices and don't give me any of this 1.1 vs bt 3.0 BS. My wife's iPhone connects with all of them 100% of the time.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
How nice. No matter what bluetooth device (headset, car stereo, audio adapter) my RMHD is paired with, it cannot reconnect after moving out of range and then back in range. Yes, sometimes turning BT off and then on works and other times rebooting my phone works but a lot of the time, nothing works at all.

I don't understand how this could happen. I don't install any BS games or wallpaper on my phone. My BT connectivity with these very same devices used to work much better, however, a few months ago, something got updated, unbeknownst to me and all that stopped.

This is not the fault of the bt devices and don't give me any of this 1.1 vs bt 3.0 BS. My wife's iPhone connects with all of them 100% of the time.

Join the club of accepting this "premium" smart phones problems.

OP
J

jaja714

Reaction score
I'd love to head over to the iPhone camp but, since Jobs left, all iPhone does is come up with new colors. How can I switch over when I'm afraid Apple will never be innovative again.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I'd love to head over to the iPhone camp but, since Jobs left, all iPhone does is come up with new colors. How can I switch over when I'm afraid Apple will never be innovative again.

I hear you, my wife has an iPhone5 as well, and her phone is reliable, except for that battery, ugh....

Others on here will say I am really an "iPhone" guy, but the truth is, maybe I am. I went from a "dumb" phone to this phone, I was familiar with Android, which is really why I went with one, due to its versatility and being able to customize it and so on.

But after the months of trying to figure out why the data turns off automatically, why it connects to my cars bluetooth, but wont play music unless I take the phone out of my pocket and actually press play (though never did this before 2 months ago), constant lag, typing on this lag machine is horrific, the battery getting extremely hot for no real reason, the battery seemingly not lasting as long as it did, the freezing, the constant "cache wipes" which suck to do, and waiting for updates, etc.

Could go all day long.

The point is, if you are looking for consistency, iOS vs Android 4.1.2, iOS smokes it like bacon. I dont care what anyone says, my friend had an iPhone, got a Samsung GS4 and he cannot believe how laggy it is. He is going back to an iPhone.

Personally, I will just wait till the 4.7 inch with a bigger battery iPhone comes out, then see ya Android!

OP
J

jaja714

Reaction score
Hmmm... a [FONT=Titillium Web, tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif] 4.7 inch with a bigger battery iPhone? Do you see what you're saying here? You're implying that Apple is now "chasing" the competition and I agree! Unless iPhone 6 makes my morning coffee and walks my dog, I no longer see Apple stock as a sound investment. Sell.[/FONT]

[FONT=Titillium Web, tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]p.s. notice how not a single person has chimed in about how to resolve bluetooth issues! I think these forums are only for people who are chasing the next great phone. During the first month or so, they are so excited to post incessantly. Then, after the third month, when their phone gets SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW, forum interest is lost.[/FONT]

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Hmmm... a 4.7 inch with a bigger battery iPhone? Do you see what you're saying here? You're implying that Apple is now "chasing" the competition and I agree! Unless iPhone 6 makes my morning coffee and walks my dog, I no longer see Apple stock as a sound investment. Sell.

p.s. notice how not a single person has chimed in about how to resolve bluetooth issues! I think these forums are only for people who are chasing the next great phone. During the first month or so, they are so excited to post incessantly. Then, after the third month, when their phone gets SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW, forum interest is lost.

I know what u mean on the loss of interest. In regards to your problem. Trust me. No one knows. All you will get is "your phone its defective"

As for the bigger iPhone and battery. Why not. Think about it. If u had it... You wouldn't be on here.

Apple has a centralized consumer problem base. Where as Android what can you do? Call google? You know where I'm going with that one...

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I know what u mean on the loss of interest. In regards to your problem. Trust me. No one knows. All you will get is "your phone its defective"

As for the bigger iPhone and battery. Why not. Think about it. If u had it... You wouldn't be on here.

Apple has a centralized consumer problem base. Where as Android what can you do? Call google? You know where I'm going with that one...

Also stock and product are similar. Look at blackberry. BUT apple ain't going no where. Still. No thanks on their stock lol

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Nah, seriously. I was thinking about it, I took the case off my phone, and it alleviated SOME of the problems (speed, wifi, etc).

Now, it might have been the case, it was a no namer from China, and the fact that I truly do not care anymore if the phone breaks or not, I took it off and dont really care, and surprisingly seems to function better, a LITTLE better.

My wifes iphone5 has the Defender from OtterBox, and hers works flawlessly, and that case is HUGE.

The only time I use bluetooth is in my car, I use it for music and voice, and sometimes I still have to manually hit the play button on the phone, though it wasnt always like this.

BOTTOM LINE: Phone is mediocre, the only thing it has going for it is the battery and screen size, which is a nice universal size IMO, any bigger like that Note I think I would kill myself.

Good luck, thank god my contract is up in 12 more months, its been a full year already of fun surprises with this piece of crap.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Also, I think the Bluetooth chip is defective, obviously. PereDroid on here had to replace his first one due to the WiFi antennae being all screwed up.