Uninstall help

jacestone40

Reaction score
I un-intalled a app but when I go to the droid market is says it is still installed ...and the option to un-install is grayed out ...I un installed from the settings -applications route the icon is not on the phone.
Thanx in advance

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you've installed an app from the Market it is generally easier to uninstall from the Market as well.
The app is most likely uninstalled, since you did it thru the phone settings (which is a perfectly acceptable way to uninstall)
Try using the stock application manager and 'kill' the market process. Then go and click on the Market icon. Since you 'killed' the app previously it should reload all pertinent data, refreshing the app list, and the uninstalled app should be gone. Unless you've paid for it and the 24 hours have gone by... in that case they stay in your list.

OP
jacestone40

jacestone40

Reaction score
I killed the process but it still displays in the App list

OP
jacestone40

jacestone40

Reaction score
it does not allow it to be reinstalled the options are grayed out ...this has happend b4 and the only solution was to wipe the phone I was hoping to avoid.

coondogg97

Reaction score
Are you able to backup the app? If you are able to back the app up you can try to reinstall it though the Apps Installer. Then try to uninstall it through the Market.

coondogg97

Reaction score
Install MyBackup and backup just the application:

chart

Then install Apps Installer and install the application again:

chart

Feel free to PM me if you need any help using the apps.

OP
jacestone40

jacestone40

Reaction score
Both MyBackup & Apps Installer ... but the app(FoxyRing) that is causing the problem
is not listed to be backed up.

OP
jacestone40

jacestone40

Reaction score
And to answer KevinD question it is not listed under the MYbackup list of apps

fredddythebreeze

Reaction score
use windows with usb link to remove app folders after uninstall

-Connect to PC with USB-
Use Windows Explorer to remove orphan application folders left on SD card after uninstall - NO prob
If you are getting installed application from Market place you need to go to settings and clear the market cache after you have removed orphan apps folders from SD card - it holds hidden files with install and set up data information the market sees as active.
- Now Disconnect USB from PC-
Then go back to market and it will no longer say application installed, and it will not be greyed out anymore
I have found that just like on a PC the apps do not always completly uninstall, but you can delete non active folders with no issues with Exploder
I am a space fiend and hate applications that leave their garbage in my devices or PC