Uhhh,... more volume please!!!!!

tsitalon1

Reaction score
because it's my job to know these things. I noticed that sound quality was lacking so I ran it through my Audio Precision. I can see where the amp maxes on the distortion graphs. we're looking at about 3.8mW of clean power. my iPod Touch makes about 4.1mW. Not a huge difference, but enough to notice on the graphs. If the amp weren't being driven to it's max then the distortion curve wouldn't shoot up to 10% THD at 4mW.

This is exactly what we needed to know. Thanks! Though this does really suck.

I do have a question on the lower impedence headphones. Being lower impedence (less resistance) wouldn't that cause the amp to distort earlier due to the greater load?

Superjay

Reaction score
not necessarily, although it will draw more current, thereby draining the battery quicker... think Ohm's Law. More power has to come from somewhere. It should be negligible, though.

Kias

Reaction score
http://noisebuster.net/over-the-head-features.html

Get some of these to mow your yard with! It's very quiet inside your head when you put these on and fire ' em up! Then you can plug in your droid and actually turn the volume down.. And it'll actually help save your ears!

I have a set of these at work for when I fire up the gpu to test the circuit boards. Awesome!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JoeProcopio

Reaction score
because it's my job to know these things. I noticed that sound quality was lacking so I ran it through my Audio Precision. I can see where the amp maxes on the distortion graphs. we're looking at about 3.8mW of clean power. my iPod Touch makes about 4.1mW. Not a huge difference, but enough to notice on the graphs. If the amp weren't being driven to it's max then the distortion curve wouldn't shoot up to 10% THD at 4mW.

nice comeback!!!!!!!!!!:D love the facts!

Kias

Reaction score
I noticed that sound quality was lacking so I ran it through my Audio Precision. .

Which AP model did you run it through? How did you get a ref sig on the droid?

My nerdy mind was just wondering...

Sent from my Droid

Superjay

Reaction score
I noticed that sound quality was lacking so I ran it through my Audio Precision. .

Which AP model did you run it through? How did you get a ref sig on the droid?

My nerdy mind was just wondering...

Sent from my Droid

I used my AP system 1. it's a bit old, but was just calibrated about 6 months ago. I used a recorded test tone and sweep tone for testing. I got them from the AP so the computer sees the right signals. I cheated a bit, but I didn't feel like removing the amp chip to test it.

Kias

Reaction score
Ooooops! Somehow I emailed my response to the webmaster@here! LOL Sorry webmaster... Goofy phone.

Here's what I thought I posted earlier!

----

That's cool! I was just sort of wondering if you had actually took your phone apart to inject the signal, in which case I would've given you huge props as I wouldn't of had enough nerves to do that! Well, unless someone else purchased the phone for me to take apart. :)

Kias

Reaction score
This is how I make the volume louder on my droid. I just tape this to the back of the phone and go!

amp.jpg

Man, I need to dust that thing!