my phone wants to update now and I'm not sure if I like this

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Jelly bean is supposed to happen before the end of the year... yes its an improvement... as far as a big one... eh.... not really... it all depends on who you ask... jb is smoother...

I did the OTA..I don't think it's anything you're going to notice.. I don't.

EDIT... it could be coincidence, but all of a sudden I'm having data drops after the update... I didn't before....

Perhaps its the service in my area... but I doubt it... :mad:

shadesofthesun

Reaction score
What was this update. Says Android updating.. I think I saw some 7.2 number in the onset. Should have paid more attention.

tkileh

Reaction score
No noticeable changes on my side. Anyone know of release notes being found?

Maxx HD

Droid101

Reaction score
This update only updates the Google security patch and provides Isis support. Nothing else your phone is safe to update. No radio changes so the update is not going to improve or worsen the signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jrg256

Reaction score
Jelly bean is supposed to happen before the end of the year... yes its an improvement... as far as a big one... eh.... not really... it all depends on who you ask... jb is smoother...

I did the OTA..I don't think it's anything you're going to notice.. I don't.

EDIT... it could be coincidence, but all of a sudden I'm having data drops after the update... I didn't before....

Perhaps its the service in my area... but I doubt it... :mad:

I had the phone for a week and it dropped data 0 times in my apartment. Immediately following the Friday night OTA update, I've been dropping data every few minutes.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I had the phone for a week and it dropped data 0 times in my apartment. Immediately following the Friday night OTA update, I've been dropping data every few minutes.

Try to clear your cache... I did this and my data drops have ceased

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I cleared my cache and did a FDR... no difference... it may be the service in my area..

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well...seing as parts of the US is getting hammered with a hurricane, that could explain service issues right now. I'm in DC...schools and govt is closed tomorrow.