Uh Oh, Moto: Droid 2 Suffers from Antenna Problems!

yanran

Reaction score
Oh, sweet irony. Verizon piled onto Apple for the iPhone 4's antenna and signal problems, but numerous complaints suggest Motorola's new smart phone may suffer from an "antennagate" of its own.

more
:icon_ banana:

AtrusNex

Reaction score
I imagine it's not a physical design flaw like the iPhone. It's most likely a software issue, and therefor will probably be fixed in an update soon. Motorola is one of the longest running radio design companies in the world, and have been known for having many phones with above average reception.

darreno1

Reaction score
Lol, lame. It's not the same as the ifail 4 which is a hardware design flaw and cannot be fixed. The Droid 2 will be fixed in an update. Nice try though.

d2canyouhearmenow

Reaction score
I would like to know when a software update to fix this will be released. I'm on 2.3.20.A955, which came out just after I first got the phone. That was supposed to address this issue, as well as others, but that hasn't been the case. From my experience with this phone for the last 4 months, which is the second new out of the box I have had, the reception can be so spotty. And go from great to poor while not moving an inch.Tried the whole factory reset on the fist phone before I recieved #2, and have done so on #2 with no improvement. From my experience with this phone for the last 4 months, which is the second new out of the box I have had, the reception can be so spotty. And go from great to poor while not moving an inch. I have been a verizon wireless customer living and working in the same area for 10 years, and I've never had as many dropped calls, or poor broken up reception with any other phone, including the original Storm, which was my previous phone. Its real neat, talking on the phone for work, and then, bam, silence, dropped call. I'm sure someone will come on here and flame me for being a noob, but I just don't get why anyone would stick up for this unreliable product. I really do hope that its a software thing, so I'm not forced to buy another phone because I got sold a lemon.