UD gps slow and sometimes extremely inaccurate

joeybarclay

Reaction score
it takes a long time to locate past 40 meters and sometimes wont locate past 2500m.:icon_evil: is there a way to fix this or are any others experiencing this?

foxdog

Reaction score
I get this on almost every rom. What I do is exit, turn gps off then back on and load up maps again and it almost always finds me right away after that.

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
thats what i have been doing but recently that stopped working. :blink:

foxdog

Reaction score
Well that sucks. I'm stumped. Clear cache maby. With cache cleaner or cache mate off market. I clean cache often.

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
its very odd because sometimes it will work and other times it wont work no matter what i do. ive tried cleaning caches/data, uninstalling updates, and even rebooting the phone.

foxdog

Reaction score
I think there's an app on market that will tell you how many satellites are around

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I think there's an app on market that will tell you how many satellites are around

ill have to look into it but i used to get fine gps signal at my home with wifi on. im hopping UD V9 will come out soon and fix this

foxdog

Reaction score
Yea I can't get market to stop force closing when I install/uninstall. Im hoping ud 9 will fix it. I dont feel like reinstalling the rom right now

gujupmp88

Reaction score
the past couple iterations of UD have given me this problem. Before UD 7 and 8, i used to lock on the the satellite in seconds, but in UD 7 and 8, it just doesn't seem to want to connect half the time. And when it does, takes about a minute or more. Tried other roms, such as Bugless Beast .5 and Chevy's rom and didn't have this problem.

3vil

Reaction score
I too have this problem. The only remedy that has worked for me so far was the one stated above, to quit navigation and reenter it. After that, it usually finds me without a hitch.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Well Droid 1 ud 8 with slayhers 1250 Kernal and I have never had an issue with the GPS.