UAG Case

rongotti

Reaction score
This is my second Note (Note 3 was my first) and I switched to these phones from the Motorola Droid series (2,3,4). With these phones being much more popular than the slider Droid I had the cases and accessories offer a lot more options. I did my research and while there are some great choices, I decided on the offering from UAG (Urban Armor Gear). To me these look more appealing and after testing the first one out on my Note 3, I can tell you they are phenomenal. So much so that there was no research this time, it was right to their website to get the Note 4 model. You should check them out at http://www.urbanarmorgear.com I can't recommend them enough.

*Disclaimer: They come with a free screen cover, but I feel as strongly about my Zagg screen protectors as I do my UAG cases, do I use my Zagg. I am selling my Note 3 for $370 and threw in my UAG case for it, the seller was very happy to have a brand new unused screen protector with it too.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
How's the hole that is cutout for the bottom microphone? Does it line up properly with the mic?

OP
R

rongotti

Reaction score
2eacbcf68d82d7826d71a6f451a33d6e.jpg

1c96c5bd5ffe7f25f41e15edcb401eed.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Will keep these in mind if I did myself in need of a bit more rugged case.

How much bulk does it add? Kinda hard to tell from the pics.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
R

rongotti

Reaction score
Not much at all, I still can one hand it, put it in my suit pockets, my rear jeans pockets etc.... Most people are worried about going from a smaller phone to a larger one similarly people with a note are concerned about the bulk from a new case. It really is the best phone case I have ever seen. It comes off relatively easy but impossible to fall off from a fall. The Otrerboxes are not only ugly as **** but add a HUGE amount of bulk to the phone. The Spreck (I think they're called) are kind of girly in colors I think. Order one from them and if you don't like it for any reason send it back, but I doubt you will be doing that :-D Definitely let me know if any of you get one, I hope this helps you make a decision.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That certainly helps. I'm coming from the s4, so I've got some of the concerns you mentioned.

I've got pretty large hands, so I'm not having much of an issue one handing it with the spigen neo hybrid, but it's good to know there's an alternative to otterbox that provides better protection with less bulk. I've never owned an otterbox simply because of the bulk they add.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
R

rongotti

Reaction score
Yes I never understood the craze with the Otrerboxes myself lol. You will love it for sure!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It'll be a little while before I've got extra cash thanks to the holidays coming up, but I'll definitely be looking into these.

Thanks again for the heads up!

Oh! One more question if you don't mind. This case doesn't have as much of a speaker muffling issue as others does it? Looks like those grooves provide plenty of room for sound to get out when the phone is sitting in its back?

Sent from my Note 4

OP
R

rongotti

Reaction score
Maybe you should ask for one for Christmas ;-) the loudspeaker works fine, o issues at all. I also was worried about using the fingerprint scanner with a case but that is a non-issue as well.

jhom

Reaction score
FYI, UAG has a buy one 50% the second offer for Valentines Day. Head on over to the UAG site and use VALENTINE15 code.