Turning off Vibration

jkwakopo

Reaction score
hey guys,

thank you very much for your help!!! this website is best thing happened to droid owners!! Well, my question is how do you turn off vibration for your 4 home keys... by the lips...I feel like sometimes they vibrate "too hard??" and concerns me for prolonged use... can anyone help me with this?? thanks!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is called haptic feedback. Open settings, sound and display, and uncheck the haptic feedback. It's not going to hurt your phone by leaving it on.

OP
jkwakopo

jkwakopo

Reaction score
That is called haptic feedback. Open settings, sound and display, and uncheck the haptic feedback. It's not going to hurt your phone by leaving it on.

thanks!!! Like I said, best thing ever happened to Droid Uses!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I never knew what haptic feedback was and I kind of wonder if I do now. Mine is checked but the keys don't vibrate unless that little bump I feel is a vibration. Guess it could be.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

I never knew what haptic feedback was and I kind of wonder if I do now. Mine is checked but the keys don't vibrate unless that little bump I feel is a vibration. Guess it could be.

Here is an actual definition from mobileburn.com:

"Haptic feedback, often referred to as simply "haptics", is the use of the sense of touch in a user interface design to provide information to an end user. When referring to mobile phones and similar devices, this generally means the use of vibrations from the device's vibration alarm to denote that a touchscreen button has been pressed. In this particular example, the phone would vibrate slightly in response to the user's activation of an on-screen control, making up for the lack of a normal tactile response that the user would experience when pressing a physical button. The resistive force that some "force feedback" joysticks and video game steering wheels provide is another form of haptic feedback."

TGerber

Reaction score
When I try to disable haptic feedback under settings, that option is grayed out and the checcheck mark won't de-select??