Trying to save a droid eris life..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any one wanna take a stab at helping me fix a droid eris? It was given to me..has no image just bootscreen and stock recovery hboot and fastboot..you all know I'm good with the motorola droids all of them..but this htc is a bit@h! It buzzes and right back to the white skateboard droids..its brand new, the guy said he took an ota and it bricked..he got another phone.. help me save its life??

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Sounds just like when the DX got the leaked GB and some people would allow an official OTA to push through on top of the leaked GB and it would brick their phone. You'll need to find the Droid Eris section and a SBF file, if there is one. But, to start it all off, it's best to just rummage through the Droid Eris section and find out what you can. From the details, you listed for the Droid Eris, the HBoot would be the tool to rooting it. So, I would check out that forum section and see what they've got to offer to get it back in order.

Edit: Make sure you know the exact model number and all so you don't grab the wrong SBF or wrong tools for it and cause more problems to it.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds just like when the DX got the leaked GB and some people would allow an official OTA to push through on top of the leaked GB and it would brick their phone. You'll need to find the Droid Eris section and a SBF file, if there is one. But, to start it all off, it's best to just rummage through the Droid Eris section and find out what you can. From the details, you listed for the Droid Eris, the HBoot would be the tool to rooting it. So, I would check out that forum section and see what they've got to offer to get it back in order.

Edit: Make sure you know the exact model number and all so you don't grab the wrong SBF or wrong tools for it and cause more problems to it.

Yeah man, he gave it to me to fix a while back and I'm tired of looking at it..I think htc uses adb for everything...like they never heard of sbf..lol its all sdk and adb ..lol thanks bro!

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Using the SDK to adb push and pull files is easy as heck. The only hard part is making sure your java path is set up properly or the SDK will be rendered useless and java will continue to say path not found.

I wrote up a really nice tutorial awhile back that explains how to set it up. You can use partial of my tutorial to set it up and ignore the rest since it applies to setting up emulators and how to adb push and pull on emulators.

If you're interested in that then I'll post the link here for you to take a look.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using the SDK to adb push and pull files is easy as heck. The only hard part is making sure your java path is set up properly or the SDK will be rendered useless and java will continue to say path not found.

I wrote up a really nice tutorial awhile back that explains how to set it up. You can use partial of my tutorial to set it up and ignore the rest since it applies to setting up emulators and how to adb push and pull on emulators.

If you're interested in that then I'll post the link here for you to take a look.

Thanks bro that would help for sure! Thanks again!

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok... here's the link...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/130035-how-guide-using-avd-emulator-sdk.html

Any questions... just shoot them here.

Droid Eris section...

HTC Droid Eris

They have a rooting guide that is stickied at the top. Not sure about the SBF but I'm sure there is information in there to get the Eris working again.

Thanks Swagger..once again..I still remember the awesome all in one you showed me too! Ah yes sweet all in one! Lol good show brother! Thanks again!

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Ahhh yeah the all in one that many doubted about, lol. No problem!

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yeah the all in one that many doubted about, lol. No problem!

I was one of the first jumpers! Lol I watched p3droid do it a hundred times so I knew it worked lol
Btw..you have a great way to patiently teach a tutorial...lol I read up and thought, he had better work in software with this knowledge! Lol I thought I had skills bro! Damn! Thanks again btw!!! Kudos to you always. If I can ever help, here I be! Lol

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Haha, well, it's like it says in my tutorial... I had to teach myself this stuff because asking questions and receiving no response to help me pretty much pushed me to start doing things on my own and THEN in return start making tutorials to help others in the same footsteps as me.

I am actually, and currently, getting a degree in computer programming/network technician and then moving onto software designing and possibly something else related.

No problem at all! Glad to keep on assisting others.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes and with the way smartphones and tabs are going you'll be paid nicely! Lol. Plenty of work! Just call me the aprentice..lol