Trying to create backup after root

KennyBerndt

Reaction score
Getting stuck trying to backup my fresh 1 day old TB. Rooted last night using this method.
[Procedure] How to Root the Thunderbolt with ADB (Windows) - Android Forums
The root worked just fine, as I can use several apps (wireless tether, shoot me) that require root.

So when I try to get into create a backup using the ROM manager and manual procedure I get the following

PG05DIAG.ZIP
NO IMAGE
PG05DIAG.NBH
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
LOADIN PG05IMG

Then it shows the bar on the right that changes colors as it does its thing.....

HELP

udpate: I looked on my sd card, and apperantly forgot to delete the PG05 file. so I did so. still no luck.

It doesn't matter if I try to go into recovery by Rom Manager or the power/down button way, it takes me into fastboot highlighted in red. My options are Bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, and power down I go into bootloader, and try to go into recovery, and i have no option for create recovery. Also, it still does

PG05DIAG.ZIP
NO IMAGE
PG05DIAG.NBH
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
LOADIN PG05IMG

but since I deleted the PG05IMG file it goes very quickly and doesn't have the status bar on the right.

Do i need a custom rom to do a backup???

Last edited:

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Make sure u flashed clock work recovery. I had this issue when I first tried rooting my thunderbolt because before I did it the manual way, I tried a one click root and even though the one click didn't work, it installed an older version of clock work and made it impossible to go into recovery. In my case I had to erase it off my SD card and then reinstall it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
K

KennyBerndt

Reaction score
flashed CW, hit backup current ROM and it takes me into highlighted in red FASTBOOT. I select bootloader, and it just goes to hboot, i selct recovery and it flashed the white screen with HTC, and then takes me right back to highlighted in red FASTBOOT.....
When you say you erased it off of SD card, what is the name of the file you deleted and reinstalled? I'll try that. Also, where do you get the file?

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
My memory is horrible, I'm sorry. Plus I had one of the devs helping me. Actually I just pulled up the contents that were on my flash drive and I believe it was actually busybox that he had me remove, which was on the root of my card. Then I went to the market to get it back, flashed clockwork and rebooted. Sorry, wish my memory was better

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
K

KennyBerndt

Reaction score
I had to redo the root process s few times. Each time I redownloaded the files. Finally all is well!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk