Trouble updating android versions

slaughtter

Reaction score
Hello, first post here after months of lurking.
Having trouble updating my X from android 2.2.1 after loading my backup. I have been using Liberty for a while and I grew tired of it. I'm looking to update up to 4.5 but I'm not sure of the path I should take. Simply searching for system updates isn't working and I hope I can get some help here.
Thanks

droidphone23

Reaction score
My phone for some odd reason won't let me do any update, and some updates completely mess the phone up I've been fine without the update. You could always get a factory reset but that'll delete all the apps...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

slaughtter

Reaction score
I don't care about deleting apps, i can always just reinstall them. How would I factory reset, and how would a factory reset let me update to 4.5?

comk4ver

Reaction score
Titanium backup?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

slaughtter

Reaction score
any help?... really need to get it to stop trying to auto update and fail.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Hello, first post here after months of lurking.
Having trouble updating my X from android 2.2.1 after loading my backup. I have been using Liberty for a while and I grew tired of it. I'm looking to update up to 4.5 but I'm not sure of the path I should take. Simply searching for system updates isn't working and I hope I can get some help here.
Thanks

Let me ask in order to clarify: you want to upgrade to 4.5 liberty or stock rom gingerbread from 2.2.1? If you want to jump to the stock rom gingerbread I recommend flashing gingerbread sbf... I've experienced allot of trouble going from froyo to gingerbread eg random reboots... If you're going from froyo to liberty 4.5 I'm not sure since I don't play with liberty

OP
S

slaughtter

Reaction score
Let me ask in order to clarify: you want to upgrade to 4.5 liberty or stock rom gingerbread from 2.2.1? If you want to jump to the stock rom gingerbread I recommend flashing gingerbread sbf... I've experienced allot of trouble going from froyo to gingerbread eg random reboots... If you're going from froyo to liberty 4.5 I'm not sure since I don't play with liberty

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/120878-droid-x-update-morning-4-5-605-en-us.html
^
I am looking to upgrade from stock rom gingerbread, android 2.2.1, what comes with my phone, to the new version of the stock, 4.5.605. I unrooted my phone after using the backup that i made before installing liberty.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Then sbf directly gingerbread... See the tutorial in this forum on how to do it

OP
S

slaughtter

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks. Well do you recommend any other ROMs other than just standard GB for droid x? I just finished my last exam and I have time to mess with my phone.