Tried No Lock...is their anything else?

razingkane

Reaction score
I searched here and found No Lock and I tried it. However, every time I pulled the phone from my pocket I was a couple screens deep in a menu.

I was hoping for something that removes the swipe lock part but leaves the button tap. I don't mind hitting the button on the top of the phone to wake it up but then ya gotta swipe the lock. I'm thinking 1 unlock feature is enough for me so I'll try any app that removes 1 of the 2 un-lock functions.

TIA
Rick (newbee Droid 2)

Quanius

Reaction score
I've been using mylock. Its a few bucks but it does exactly what you want. Touch any button then tap any of the four home row touch buttons.

OP
razingkane

razingkane

Reaction score
I've been using mylock. Its a few bucks but it does exactly what you want. Touch any button then tap any of the four home row touch buttons.

Just checked out the Mylock web site. Due to some 2.2. issues mylock v1.5 is the final version. He does not support mylock on 2.2 froyo. For .99 cents I'll give it a try.

Quanius

Reaction score
Yeh.. i can see how its a little off for froyo when you play around with the settings. The settings I use are first disable mylock and set mode to advanced. Then enable mylock and everything else is checked off. One other nice feature is you don't have to unlock when a call comes in.

Quanius

Reaction score
Ideally there would be another feature that keeps the phone entirely unlocked forever and you just touch the screen to get it out of sleep mode.. then if you WANT to lock it you press the top right lock button. Why do I even need to be saying this?.. Seems like user interface 101. Give the user some flexibility on the features they come in contact with most often on the phone.

OP
razingkane

razingkane

Reaction score
Ideally there would be another feature that keeps the phone entirely unlocked forever and you just touch the screen to get it out of sleep mode.. then if you WANT to lock it you press the top right lock button. Why do I even need to be saying this?.. Seems like user interface 101. Give the user some flexibility on the features they come in contact with most often on the phone.

Well that's pretty much what No Lock did......touch the screen and off you go. For me though, with my phone in my pocket, I was constantly dialing, or in a menu when taking the phone out of my pocket.

Quanius

Reaction score
Well that's pretty much what No Lock did......touch the screen and off you go. For me though, with my phone in my pocket, I was constantly dialing, or in a menu when taking the phone out of my pocket.

The only problem there though with no lock is all the buttons take you out of lock.. I think if they allowed you to control which buttons, it would pocketdial MUCH less often. Like the top button only. Maybe I'm wrong. That's how my storm worked but maybe the top lock button was designed a little better to avoid bumps.

Cruzzer08

Reaction score

The only problem there though with no lock is all the buttons take you out of lock.. I think if they allowed you to control which buttons, it would pocketdial MUCH less often. Like the top button only. Maybe I'm wrong. That's how my storm worked but maybe the top lock button was designed a little better to avoid bumps.

I'm with you man!! for the most part the droid is sweet.. but its missing all the no brainer things that my storm had.. If i get a text there is no way to silent the song while the phone is in my pocket. One lock button should be plenty!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding nit picky the slide to unlock thing is sop these days. Every one I know with a touch screen phone has to slide to unlock. Across 3 different carriers and 5 different manufacturers.

I would suggest widget locker though. You will still have the lock screen with the sliders but you can add shortcuts to your most used apps on the lock screen so you don't actually have to unlock it, just get started.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

poopsicle

Reaction score
i wish we could slide the keyboard to lock/unlock. i'd pay for that