Tranquility?

droided1

Reaction score
Downloaded latest Tranquility last night, was wondering if others around here have given that rom a run and what their thoughts on it are.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
It's not a bad rom, but you have to go through some hoops to get it installed correctly. The instructions say to sbf and load it from stock. But I found that it can be installed by installing it like any other rom. (but if you try and use it it will crash every few seconds) Then when you get it started quickly go in to settings, privacy, and do a factory data reset. Then Tranquility will be running perfectly... (but you may still have to replace the keyboard if it's force closing)

LOL

But once you get it up and running it's not bad. But I keep coming back to the other roms.

icant4

Reaction score
I've tried a few ROMs but for me it's Tranquility all the way. It's really, really fast and the TranQ Toolbox lets you change boot logos, boot sounds, fonts, themes, add/remove blur. It's super easy. Battery life is definitely better than stock.

I don't keep any data on the phone that's not somewhere else. Contacts/mail/task/calendar/rss in gmail, media in my SubSonic server at home (download to SD if really feel like it), and apps sync'd to AppBrain. Also SBF'ing your phone doesn't wipe your SD card so I've never really understood the complaints about SBFing; it just a cleaner way to install.

Did I mention that it's fast? I keep mine underclocked unless playing video or games. Screen transitions/animations (Launcher Pro) and web browsing still seem faster than 2.1/2.2 stock.

Some screens of the TranQ 3.7u1 with the Dark Android theme:

Last edited:

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
tranq gives me the three pieces of blur i want, and nothing else, and no other rom does- the calendar, the camera, and the camcorder. however, im having issues syncing my facebook contacts, blur and regular methods arent working. anyone got any ideas/fixes/tips?

icant4

Reaction score
I have facebook working in TranQ3.7, but gmail is my primary contact source. I seem to have both gmail and facebook contacts in my contact app. Do you have a facebook option in "My Accounts" app? I believe I had to re-add the social media blur from within the TranQ toolbox.

I would ask over at mydroidworld.com. Original Tranquility 3.7 thread:

TranQuility 3.7.0 - Make Your Phone Yours - Customization taken up a notch!!

Make sure you have the latest toolbox.apk from the 3rd post in the above thread.

Last edited:

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was hoping to not have to work with blur...

The Facebook account option is in the my accounts app but it doesn't work...

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Back to Tranq 3.6

I love Tranquility. Great Roms and lots of options with the toolbox. I tried 3.7, but couldn't stand looking at the popup menu. Black letters on the grey background got to me, so I reverted back to 3.6. Hey, you can't please everyone right.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Agrees though its inconsistent which is even more annoying